Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

"Positive Quotes"

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by backcountry, Oct 2, 2004.

1. backcountry

backcountry 1/2 ton status

\"Positive Quotes\"

"Our happiness depends on the habit of mind we cultivate. So practice happy thinking every day. Cultivate the merry heart, develop the happiness habit, and life will become a continual feast." -- Norman Vincent Peale

2. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Re: \"Positive Quotes\"

Thanks for the recent spate of "positive energy" related posts. I will now kindly ask you to stop posting this kind of stuff for a little while, please. When a topic is constantly pushed into people's faces it makes them a little growly, even if the topic is harmless.

Thanks for your cooperation..... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Nice avatar... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. backcountry

Thank you! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

I appreciate you making it for me! It is hella funny! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

5. backcountry

CanmoreK5,

Thank you for the kind response! As per your request, I will do as you requested.

If I may; I have a request of my own! Please try to reframe yourself from taking sides and also, please deal with those that violate the community guidelines. I'm sure you are already working on it because the improvements are apparent.

I have also pushed the limits of the community guidelines at times; however I do feel that a few members have gone way overboard!

Thank you! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

You can't stop with the whining already.

If you're so unhappy with the way things are here, you can either change them or leave. Since you're new, then you should have been smart enough to lurk around awhile to see how the way things are. There's a certain atmosphere here, and since you are new, you should identify it before whining about the way things are.

7. backcountry

I will never be stopped from winning! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

8. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[ QUOTE ]
    winning!

[/ QUOTE ] too many "N"s and no "H" /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. backcountry

/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

10. backcountry

[ QUOTE ]
    You can't stop with the whining already.

If you're so unhappy with the way things are here, you can either change them or leave. Since you're new, then you should have been smart enough to lurk around awhile to see how the way things are. There's a certain atmosphere here, and since you are new, you should identify it before whining about the way things are.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bubba,

Did I say I was unhappy? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Quite the contrary is true “Big” fella! Negative people such as yourself have to be critical of every situation to make themselves feel superior to the rest of the world. This is a clear indicator of low self-esteem. Your problem though, is that your content with “the way things are” and are not receptive to change. When things in your life become worse than they apparently are right now, just maybe you will see the light! /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Yes there is a certain atmosphere here and you’re trying your best to suppress all those that don’t have your shallow views and gather a following. Sorry pal, I am way beyond this type of dysfunction.

Anyway, cheer up and don’t be so afraid of your own shadow!

11. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

"I am so happy right now! Armed to a critical level and thinking I need more, my identity is running full tilt crazy and I can't stop talking to imagined spirits. I am destined for creation."

- Resurrection Joe U7M COTBH HFA CIC

12. Resurrection_Joe

Well if you're going to psychoanalyze from forum posts

Backcountry, I think your deep need to help who you perceive to be unhappy or ignorant reveals and underlying insecurity and hopelessness, not to mention many of your own problems which you gloss over in your attempt to "help" others. I think you need more "you" time. Sit down and concentrate on your issues.

Ask yourself

"Why am I constantly insulting other people in a way I think is cleverly hidden but is not at all" ?

"Why am I so condescending" ?

"Why do I run from questions and confrontations" ?

"Am I running from myself" ?

"Why do I make weak attempts at camaraderie and then destroy them immediately?" ?

"Why am I so afraid of sentient thought"?

I hope this leads to a better you. If you can't understand, that's ok, I'm sure you will eventually. Crying is ok too. I shall try to help you become less ignorant and more self confident, but it will take time to peel back all those layers of shame and self-loathing. Quit lying to yourself and start telling the truth, you have the power, you're just too weak and small to use it right now.

13. backcountry

Was I talking to you? /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

You apparently also have tunnel vision! Do you not believe in responding to a derogatory comment therefore defending myself? /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

Go check the list would you? /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Resurrection Joe

14. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif
    HELL!!! I can't stop! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    (me, wallowing in my own negative energy) /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

15. Resurrection_Joe

Psssssssssst.

*secret*

If you keep pimping stupid books and quotes, you're your own one man sad little freckle faced tears making rivulets on your dirty little face osh gosh begosh overalls and a primary colored shirt leaning against the rainbow coloured wheel of your vey own shittacular bandwagon

*/secret*

Oh and BTW, the band playing on your wagon is a bad punk garage band that thinks its political and issue based but is just whining about its mom taking all the juiceboxes is tyranny. Thier name is "Superpositive Handjob Mark 3" Thier moms bought them thier guitars from sears and they all play thorugh a generic practice amp. All they play is rearange power chords and sometimes smack the whammy bar. They also cry when they break strings because they don;t know how to replace them. There is no bass and there are no drums just noise. This is a convoluted metaphor for you.

In summation, you're all bluster and no content

16. backcountry

/forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

17. Resurrection_Joe

[ QUOTE ]
    Was I talking to you?

You apparently also have tunnel vision! Do you not believe in responding to a derogatory comment therefore defending myself?

Go check the list would you?

Resurrection Joe

[/ QUOTE ]

It's ok, I understand your feeling of being small and scared and alone. No harm done. Keep trying though!

18. Resurrection_Joe

I see how you need to compress your complex feelings of shame into an emoticon, try to be more verbose next time, it helps!

19. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I am postively locking this thread, as it's obviously going nowhere.

20. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Looks positively unlocked to me...

Joe, please carry on, I thought you were doing a fine job! /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

Rene