Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

"Positive Thinkers Poll"

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by backcountry, Sep 28, 2004.

1. backcountry

backcountry 1/2 ton status

\"Positive Thinkers Poll\"

2. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Re: \"Positive Thinkers Poll\"

If landsmasher replies to this it's gonna really screw up the results...... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[​IMG]

4. backcountry

"The Power of Negative Thinking"
    By Remez Sasson

For some reason, most people find it easier to think in a negative way than in a positive manner. It seems that some effort is needed to think positive thoughts, whereas negative thoughts come easily and uninvited. This has much to do with education and the environment one has been living in.

In order to understand how positive thinking works, and how to use it efficiently, it is important to understand the power of negative thinking.

If you have been brought up in a happy and positive atmosphere, where people value success and self-improvement, then it will be easier for you to think positively and expect success. If you have been brought up under poor or difficult situations, you will probably go on expecting difficulties and failure.

From an early age people let outside influences shape their minds. They view everything through their predominant mental attitude. If their thoughts are positive, that is fine, but if they are negative, their lives and circumstances will probably mirror these thoughts.

If you believe that you are going to fail, you will unconsciously sabotage every opportunity to succeed. If you are afraid of meeting new people or having close relationships, you will do everything to avoid people and relationships, and then complain that you are lonely and nobody loves you.

Do you often think about difficulties, failure and disasters? Do you keep thinking about the negative news you have seen on the TV or read in the newspapers?

Do you see yourself stuck and unable to improve your life or your health? Do you frequently think that you do not deserve happiness or money, or that it is too difficult to get them? If you do, then you will close your mind, see no opportunities, and behave and react in such ways, as to repel people and opportunities. You let the power of negative thinking rule your life.

The mind does not usually judge or examine thoughts and opinions before accepting them. If what it hears, sees and reads is always negative, it accepts this as the standard way of thinking and behavior.

The media constantly bombards the mind with a lot of information about disasters, catastrophes, wars and other negative happenings. This information sinks into the subconscious mind, and let the power of negative thinking grow. By occupying the mind with negative thoughts and expectations one radiate negative energy into the surrounding world, thus creating and recreating more negativity, failures and disasters.

The mind can be directed towards positive thinking or negative thinking. The power of thoughts is a neutral power. The way one thinks determines whether the results are positive and beneficial or negative and harmful. It is the same of energy acting in different ways.

Persistent inner work can change habits of thoughts. You must be willing to put energy and time to avoid negative thinking and pursue positive thinking, in order to change your mental attitude.

Each time you catch yourself thinking a negative thought, change it into a positive one.
    If you catch yourself visualizing failure, switch to visualizing success.
    If you hear yourself repeating negative words, switch to positive ones.
    If you hear yourself saying, “I cannot”, say to yourself, “I can”.
    Do you repeat useless and unnecessary negative words and phrases in your mind? Change them to positive ones.

Open your mind to positive attitude, happenings and events. Expect them and think about them, and soon you life will change for the better.

Decide that from today, from this very moment, you are leaving negative thinking behind, and starting on the way towards positive thinking and behavior. It is never too late. Soon your life will turn into a fascinating, wonderful journey.

5. backcountry

Actually, landsmasher seems like a good guy to me! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

6. backcountry

Looking good guy's, keep up the good work! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

7. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

No nekid option really made me mad and now I want to kill... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I'm kind of concerened about the skydiving cowboy, he was such a happy person.....

A few other people too

There's a time to be vicious..... but that time is in the viceral realm of your experience

A thousand people a thousand miles away do not matter

Easy come, easy go

9. backcountry

I cannot wait till this poll is over. I will utilize this information along with other data to educate some of you on what I feel is quite sad. /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

10. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I ferverently wish for your actual literal death

11. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    I ferverently wish for your actual literal death

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

12. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

Go pound a man rump you fudgepacker.

13. backcountry

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

Go pound a man rump you fudgepacker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your education and maturity level
    Is really starting to show Tim! /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif Here take this!

http://www.acenet.edu/clll/ged/index.cfm

14. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

*** You are ignoring this user ***

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd love to reply but I have no idea what you said /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

15. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

Just remember...things Always look Darkest before they go Totally Black /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

16. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

you kill me /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif but you are right on track /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

17. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

*** You are ignoring this user ***

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd love to reply but I have no idea what you said /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

18. backcountry

Ok, here we go! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

Go to the lounge then look at the number of “views” and “replies” making sure to check thought at least 4 or 5 pages.

While looking through the above, look at the “subject” matter and read through them.

Now go back and look at the poll.

What do you notice? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

19. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I cannot wait till this poll is over. I will utilize this information along with other data to educate some of you on what I feel is quite sad

[/ QUOTE ]
    You are the KING of the one liner /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif, in your own self delusional way /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

John

20. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]

What do you notice? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

[​IMG]