Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Positive thoughts

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by divorced, Oct 16, 2004.

1. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Why do the liberals want us to believe that the economy and standard of living in this country are so horrible?

I see many people every day that are thrilled with what they have. I read posts on here of people getting another vehicle, showing pics of stuff they have, a promotion at work, an addition to their family, and they all seem fairly happy and positive thinking.

I went to Target today to buy a new stainless steel pan for boiling my mac-n-cheese noodles and started to think about something. If the economy is so awful as the liberals would want you to think, then why are there so many new stores being built all around me? Why does a large percentage of people around me drive nice ($30,000+) suv's? Why are so many people patronizing these stores that sell items not critcal for daily survival? Why are there so many new houses being built? I don't have much, but what I do have makes me happy. These other people seem happy too.

I don't understand how liberals can claim that President Bush has lost jobs. Have you ever looked at the help wanted section of a news paper and found it to be empty? There are many jobs available, but with a system that pays (welfare) for people to chill in the hood all day, why should they work?

The economy is doing good. New construction is everywhere. Many jobs are available for those willing to work. Yet the liberals want you to think that this is the worst time ever.

Now, who are the "positive thinkers"?

2. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

My views on political issues have always been classic one liners, like "STFU", or "go tell it on the mountain".....im not so good at it like you guys /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gifbut ill take a stab.Its like , if you keep it simple,easy,make a decent living,have people that care about you, a roof over your head,etc,your doing fine. look at the other countys. We are spoiled. Example.......=My barber is an asian ckick, and really nice.She said the goverment over there will chew you up and spit you out,and if you dont like it, theyll throw you in a non-sanitary jail with little to no food.She grew up in a shack with her family,no money, practicly starving . With no freedom of speech whatsoever. She tells me storeis you wouldnt beleive. I think that we are doing not as good, but still fine. I think sometimes we need to sit back, and really appreciate the things we DO have.Because we are spolied if you compare us neck to neck with most other countrys. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

Great Post!

I love this country and the opportunities it affords for those who will go after their dreams. If people can make a 5 figure income picking up dog poop for those to busy to do it themselves, you know that there is opportunity everywhere.

I just wish folks who are waiting for the gov't to solve their problems would realize that the only real security is their wilingness to make opportunities happen for themselves. Security doesn't come from the gov't, your job, or a union. Success or failure is up to the individual.

I have a cousin in PA who was angry that bush won in 2000. He had just gotten a degree in meterology, and was hoping that gore would win and thus he could get job "pertaining to the environment". I asked him what his plans were now that Bush was in office, and he had no answer. No resume, no plan for getting a job, nothing. I told him that with his lack of planning and sour attitude, he'd have a tough time finding anything, even if mickey mouse was president.

almost 4 years later, he still isn't working in his "chosen" field. He's working in a newspaper printing facility, blaming the republicans for where he's not at in his life.

If a guy isn't wlling to step up and change his life on his own, what can a president possibly do for him?

Tom /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

*Appluase*

Right on. While the chicken littles are crying the sky is falling most people are out enjoying life and doing well.

The Dems will do or say anything to discredit Bush.

Losers. I've got no time for them, I'm busy LIVING thankyou!

5. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Thanks for the replies, I didn't think that this would be taken for anything more than me complaining. I agree with all of you that this is the best country in the world. While I am happy living my life there are little hate devils (liberals) running around the country dedicating their life to spreading communist propaganda and destroying our freedoms. Have you ever noticed how they will protest for something that will better their life with no concern at all about how it will affect everyone else and the economy? And some of their demands are simply ridiculous. Don't cut any trees! Don't drive your car! Don't eat any meat! You shouldn't own guns! If they could change gears and dedicate their time to doing positive things to better their life and less time disrupting mine they would probably be an extremely productive group of people.

6. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

Good Post! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

The only comment I have to offer is ... "all I need to do is look at my IRA statement every quarter".

Who said the economy is in the toilet? The tax and spend liberals, that's who!

7. hawkeye649

hawkeye649 1/2 ton status

He sounds retarded. What did Hore personally know him, going to reach down with the Hand of God and give him a job? We have a liberal at work, and he's paying for both his sons to go through college. One is in library sciences and has gradjumakated (cashier at wal-mart, and even made cashier of the month!), and the other is in theatre.

[ QUOTE ]
    Great Post!

I love this country and the opportunities it affords for those who will go after their dreams. If people can make a 5 figure income picking up dog poop for those to busy to do it themselves, you know that there is opportunity everywhere.

I just wish folks who are waiting for the gov't to solve their problems would realize that the only real security is their wilingness to make opportunities happen for themselves. Security doesn't come from the gov't, your job, or a union. Success or failure is up to the individual.

I have a cousin in PA who was angry that bush won in 2000. He had just gotten a degree in meterology, and was hoping that gore would win and thus he could get job "pertaining to the environment". I asked him what his plans were now that Bush was in office, and he had no answer. No resume, no plan for getting a job, nothing. I told him that with his lack of planning and sour attitude, he'd have a tough time finding anything, even if mickey mouse was president.

almost 4 years later, he still isn't working in his "chosen" field. He's working in a newspaper printing facility, blaming the republicans for where he's not at in his life.

If a guy isn't wlling to step up and change his life on his own, what can a president possibly do for him?

Tom /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

8. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

hOW COME YOUR POSITIVE THOUGHTS POSTMAKES ME FEEL BETTER , AND BACKWARDS ASS'S POSITIVE POST PISSES ME OFF???? /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gifi LIKE THE POST AND ALL THE REPLIES ! KEEP IT UP!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif