Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

poss.trugy

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by mudslinger97116, Sep 27, 2004.

1. mudslinger97116

mudslinger97116 1/2 ton status

ok so after seeing what kind of "goat trails"as topdown put it i might not be willing to take my blazer to tsf right away call me a wuss i don't care.it got me thinking though i have a perfectly good 1/2 ton swb running gear complete that i was going to part out pluss a real nice cab /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gifmaybe drop the cab on and flatbed it?i could even do something like the tan terror without the sheet metal screws though /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gifthere again i already have 2 that need finished /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

get an s-10 frame and cab and put the 1/2 ton stuff under it. short flatbed and tube or narrowed fenders and you're set. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

j

3. mudslinger97116

but i already have the other stuff.. budget...oohh i could probably talk my brother out of one of his 69 cabs and fenders that might be diffrent enough

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i guess the question is do you want a narrower rig to fit through tighter stuff or do you just want a rig you can beat on and not care about it? The later is certainly cheaper. lol!

j

5. smprider112

smprider112 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    could even do something like the tan terror without the sheet metal screws though /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

HEY!! dont knock my sheetmetal screws /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif actually upon investigating yesterday 3 ripped out on the passenger side...I gotta come over and use yer welder /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

6. mudslinger97116

i'll be home all week after 4 or so /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif