Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Posser wheelers

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MEPR, Jan 18, 2003.

1. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

Ok so i roll through the parking lot of my school today and my luv has a decent amount of mud on it. And then this guy whith a lifted Donko tells me to was my truck. This arse puts wax on his little wannabe rig(it was soo shiney /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif) people like him are the people who get the enviromentalists after us. Anyone else have problems like this?

2. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    ) people like him are the people who get the enviromentalists after us.

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Hows that? Most the time they are pissed when they see a truck with mud all over it cause to them you've been out tearing up mother nature.
    Anyone else have problems like this?

[/ QUOTE ]
    Nope been out of school for over 14 years now. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

eh well this is my last year of this silly thing called high school, then its on to collage where im hoping most people arent such areses. Oh and on the enviromentalist bit i guess you have a point, to them a truck/suv is evil whether it be being used or not... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

4. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

Don't get your hopes up for college. It's full of those same people you're graduating HS with. Pick a cool major and the AH's tend to get shut out so you don't have to deal with them as often.

How come 9 Mile Falls is thirteen miles out of town ?

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I actually wash the mud and crud off my truck regularly. The cops tend to pull you over when the truck is covered...mud=mudflaps. Muddy truck...visibilty? plate covered?

It may not be a show truck but it's usually reasonably clean...

Rene

6. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

LOL, nope, when i pull into the school parking lot, full of mud everyone looks, then i park it, then walk to the building and people stop and say Woa, looks like you had some fun /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. of corse me and my tonka truck just have a good image of badassness around my town. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

7. jeffro

jeffro 1/2 ton status

Don't forget to use the ol' spell checker when you get to "collage" /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

8. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

I've had the same prob since mine was new{88} and supposed to shine.We run a lot of woods trails in TENN so I started saying the mud was a layer of scratch resistant coating.A few /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif souls believe this and it does work.Of course a good coat of wax help when it gets cleaned a couple times a year.This is about the end of APR{Smokey Mountain Venture} and for a car show{Cars For Kids} on Fathers Day weekend. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gifMudder /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gifin TENN /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Hmmmmmmmm.......so if a guy waxes his truck he's an "arse"? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I guess that makes me a "super arse", because my truck is ALWAYS clean and gets waxed twice a year. I've never understood why some people think it's a crime to keep a rig looking top-notch all the time? /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

10. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

I usally Wax my truck before i Go out on the trail. Most of the time the brush and the tree limbs just slide off with out leavin a mark but my truck has lots of scratch's on it. From a distance you cant see them and the truck shines like new. When i first got my truck it went offroad almost everyday and was washed and waxed at least once a week. Thats why from a distance it looks to be new but once your about 10 feet from it you can see all the character lines on the truck. So just because a truck is shiny doesnt mean that it is a road queen. Most of the time all you have to do is look at the frame or the fender wells to see the mudd that doesnt want to leave the truck from the last trail or mudd hole. In fact on my truck all you have to do is look at the BowTie plate on the front of my bumper and see its bent to hell and back and that will tell you this rig will play.
    /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif www.zombieoffroading.8m.net

11. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Hmmmmmmmm.......so if a guy waxes his truck he's an "arse"? I guess that makes me a "super arse", because my truck is ALWAYS clean and gets waxed twice a year. I've never understood why some people think it's a crime to keep a rig looking top-notch all the time

[/ QUOTE ]

No it's not a crime except for little clean freaks like you Paul. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

You're just jealous because my truck looks almost new. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I have no choice but to keep my /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif looking perfect- I can't afford to replace it 'cause I don't make the big bucks like you!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

13. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

id hate to go through the work of making a truck look perfect. Scratches and dents from the trail, just give the truck more character, and somthing to remember that trail ride by /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

14. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I wax my truck because it looks pretty nice and i want to keep it that way...i haven't been wheeling in a while because of differnet gears in the front and rear, but when i do go it gets washed pretty soon after

15. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I try to keep mine cleaned off too. Just looks better.

16. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

I like to wash mine when i'm done wheeling. Personally can't stand it when I'm not in my rig and driving the family wagon and have to run over dried clumps of mud left behind by somebody else. This is especially annoying when some farmer runs his tractor on the highway and leaves the stuff all over the place. Inconsiderate. Yes, he could have taken a gravel but doesn't. Same goes for another four wheeling guy. I like to see them muddy and on the way to a car wash... We need to draw less attention to our offroading hobby. Don't give them the ammo to shoot at us with!!!!

17. purple76pearl

purple76pearl 1/2 ton status

i tell ya what really pisses me off, you go to a show, or just driving around in town, and you pull over talking to some friends and some neighbor hood jack ass, whos parents give them more freaking money then i make a year, wheels up in thei brand new ride, jacked up, never been on dirt, they only drive it when its sunny, has the nerve to tellme what ineed to do to mine, cause they just read the latest 4x4 mag, and think there a gd mechanic, you ask why am i so bitter, cause this happend to me today as i was leaving work, kid stoped in asked me about my blazer, then saidi whould do this and that, well when his pays my bills, and works my job then he can tell me what i need to do, constructive critisim is one thing, being a gd knwo it all smart alec punk that dont evne have a job is anohter, so here is to all those that buy their rides, and dont build them, or dont even do that have osmeone buy it for them, you guys this is for you
    KISS MY OLD CHEVY DRIVING K5 BEATING, CHERRY RED @$$ /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I get that know it all crap all the time too. Everybody loves to tell you what you "should" do. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

19. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

I actually wash the mud and crud off my truck regularly. The cops tend to pull you over when the truck is covered...mud=mudflaps. Muddy truck...visibilty? plate covered?

It may not be a show truck but it's usually reasonably clean...

[/ QUOTE ]

Rene, Great points, but what about the best one yet? BECAUSE IT SAVES YOUR WHHEL BEARINGS!!
    im not yelling at ya, its just a good point, as i am sure you already know.
    i have not washed my truck in about 28 months, and it has been torn appart and not runing for about 22 months. nor had i gone in any mud or anything before that. matter of fact thats the only time i wash my truck, after going in mud or sand.
    Grant

20. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

hell yea thats what im ganna do!! clean truck? what are you talking about!!?? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif