Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Possesed heater controls on a '94

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by Chris_T, Dec 16, 2003.

1. Chris_T

Chris_T 1/2 ton status

Possesed heater controls on a \'94

The electronic heater controls on my '94 are possesed. I'll be driving along and they will switch from defrost to vents for no reason. IIRC this happened before, but I don't remember what the culprit or the fix was. Ideas?

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Re: Possesed heater controls on a \'94

There's a bank of relays on a circuit board in the dash that controls all of that stuff. The problem could be in that board, or the switches themselves, or the wiring between them. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

3. got_mud

got_mud 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    There's a bank of relays on a circuit board in the dash that controls all of that stuff. The problem could be in that board, or the switches themselves, or the wiring between them. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

or it could be that the elves in your dash are wanting to renegotiate union contracts, just a thought... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. Chris_T

Chris_T 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    or it could be that the elves in your dash are wanting to renegotiate union contracts, just a thought... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Figures they'd pick the holidays to go on strike /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

5. Chris_T

Chris_T 1/2 ton status

Arggghhh .. now every once in a while all the controls start flashing at me .. do those elves know morse code or is this some sort of signal that one of the heater doors is stuck or something?

6. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

sounds like a bad connection or mabey your heater control module is frying itself.