Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

possessed headlights

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by DOUGHBOY, Nov 20, 2000.

1. DOUGHBOY

DOUGHBOY Registered Member

on the way home from work tonite,some dummy pulled out in front of me(must not have see me 1am im the only one driving down the road)i slamm on my brakes(didnt sqeall them but hit them pretty hard and, poof all my light go out dash,headlights,taillights,flashers everything.i drive up the road pull into a parking lot get out then they pop on.everything was fine the rest of the way home.what gives.any ideas.this happened to anyone else

guns dont kill postal workers do.
    CENTRAL ILLINOIS

2. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

Do you have a body-lift or loose bodymounts? Loose ground-strap from batteri to chassie.. Just guessing. Locked my tires the other night too. Started thinking about all the warnings I'v had about the 3" bodylift I have.. Nothing mooved though, just a litle scary..

http://www.espen88k5.coloradok5.com

3. JimmyDie6.2

JimmyDie6.2 1/2 ton status

I had the same thing happen on my 83 jim. It didn't start by slamming the brakes though, only just braking. then when i would accelerate the lights would "pop" back on. talk about a nuisance. I never did work out the problem. All I did was find the main power coming from the firewall, and splice in a new power wire. I never had that problem again. Interesting to hear about the same weird problem.......js

4. DOUGHBOY

DOUGHBOY Registered Member

hmmm....i dont have any body lift.ill check all the ground straps.i guess ill see if it does it again on the way home tonite.if it does it again ill try and splice in a new hot wire and ground.thanks

guns dont kill postal workers do.
    CENTRAL ILLINOIS