Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Possessed Wipers

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Cusm, Aug 15, 2001.

1. Cusm

Cusm 1/2 ton status

I have interment wipers and they have decided they were not getting enough use this DRY summer, so they are now coming on when the spirit moves them. It used to happen when I hit a bump hard, but now they just come on whenever.
    Do I need to replace the switch, or is there an easier fix, maybe something loose? Any help would be appreciated.

Good lord. The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up it's butt.

2. elkboy

elkboy 1/2 ton status

I've have a switch go bad and cause that before. I let mine go to long and the switch shorted out enough to toast my delay computer. That was a expensive mistake. If they won't stop after you turn them on is's probably the park switch on the moter. If they come on when your bouncing around, I'd guess it's your switch.

<font color=red> Elkboy </font color=red> 82 K5 fuel injected H.O.305, TH350/205, 14bolt/10bolt and 39.5 TSL's.

3. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

I agree....I'd check the "park switch" first....your wiper motor sees 12 volts all the time and the park switch breaks the circuit when the wipers reach the park or down position.

Michael[​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm>www.jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm</a>

4. cpqtim

cpqtim Registered Member

Had this problem on several trucks. The fix is to replace the switch. An easier and cheaper method is to run a switch to the dash that cuts power to the wiper motor. When you want to use your wipers just turn the switch on, if not leave it off. Real cheap.
    Tim T.