Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Possibility of a Meet and greet in MA July 27?

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region' started by Leadfoot, Jun 6, 2003.

1. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

The Quaboag Riders are holding a 4 x 4 hillclimb (rain date make-up) July 27. I know a couple members have made it there so it should be easy to find. I did not go to the last one due to the weather, but if other CK5'rs are going, I will make it rain or shine. I will post directions if needed. Their site is www.quaboagridersmc.com

Anyone interested in going?

I figured even if it does rain, we could meet in the lot and then head to a restaurant or something from there.

2. angrysnowplow

angrysnowplow 1/2 ton status

I'll probably be there. (again /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif) /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Who else? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

3. pilgrim

pilgrim 1/2 ton status

yeah i'd like to go. if this business i'am starting doesn't take all my time up /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif...

4. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

LOVE the side pic!! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
    It would be nice to get a few more folks to hook up this time around. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

Pilgrim,
    What is this business you are starting up? I don't remember if you told us about it when we all got together.

5. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

How far east of Springfield is Monson? Looks like it would be all "highway" for us, which means I'd really have to get the carb fixed before........and that driveshaft thats sitting in the garage has to get put back in....oh why can't there be 36 hours in a day?

Let me see what John's got planned, we might just be able to make it. Sunday's seem to be the only day nothing is happening the rest of the summer.

Brandy

6. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

7. Leadfoot

91 brings you to Springfield (on the map but not labeled), if that is any help?

8. pilgrim

pilgrim 1/2 ton status

I've been working with wood since i was 3 /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif.. and only recently have been working outside that(past 2 1/2 years)

i've always wanted my own shop but to gather all the tools and a building to work in takes time and money...

well as it turns out a friend of mine up here wants to build a shop. he's letting me use it to get started /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

i found another good friend i work with who really wants to invest some capital i my bussines venture. so that takes care of buying the tools /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

as far as having the work. i've been turning down work for years. but as it happens a few of the folks i used to make furniture for when i worked at ( www.lefortfurnituremakers.com ) heard i was starting a shop said they have tons of work for me... there really is not that many highend custom 18th century reproduction shops around , or i would be working in one /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif...

this is the guy i will be doing alot of work for in the begining ( www.thefederalistonline.com )

i should have the shop all built and be running by aug/sept.
    if things go the way i plan i hope to have built up enough capital to build a "real" shop and hire on maybe 2-3 people. but thats down the road, right now i'am up to my elbows in just getting started /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif...

hope all is well with you /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

the only real hard thing about all this is turning my rig back into a daily driver /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif... no don't worry it won't be getting any smaller... but i will have to get it running better and highway drivable /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

9. Leadfoot

Hey you gotta do whatcha gotta do.
    Right now my rigs would be more hardcore (either of them), but they still have to be DD's and one has to plow. I am also building up equipment for a side business (and potential full time job if this one doesn't work out), so the money for the rigs has been tight (except for needed repairs). I am hoping to get COMPLETELY (i.e. credit cars, vehicle loans, school loans) out of debt within the year, so that I can afford a house with a big shop (or build one), so that there is room to store all my landscape equipment (mowers, trailers, trimmers, shovels, rakes, snowblowers, plows, trucks etc.) as well as have room for storing/working on the toys. Right now I am 20+k in debt, so clearing that within the next year is going to take some work (but 12-14 hours days has been helping the debt situation, now if I could only stop the vehicle misadventures).

Good luck, I hope things go well for you.

10. MA87K5

MA87K5 1/2 ton status

So far the 27th is open. The easiest way to get to the hillclimb from springfield is to take Boston rd (RT20 east) to RT32 south. Quaboag Riders isn't that far down the road. I think a sign will be on the right side of the road. But the place is on the left.

11. Leadfoot

Just a reminder. It's this coming Sunday. NoAngel and I are planning on going, and it's looks like we will be bringing/traveling with 77 Mud Buddy. Hopefully others can make it, looking forward to seeing everyone.

12. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

if this was after the upc run i would go but i need all the shop time i can get just to make it /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

13. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

I got a crispy $1 bill that says it's gonna rain... it always rains! /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

14. Leadfoot

If it rains we can still meet in the parking lot and head to get some beer and food!

15. angrysnowplow

angrysnowplow 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    If it rains we can still meet in the parking lot and head to get some beer and food!

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Man I love being 20. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    Guess I'll probably see you guys there. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. TruckNutzDude

[ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gifMan I love being 20. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ] I second that! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. Leadfoot

I like root beer too.....I split a sixer with you! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. TruckNutzDude

A pint of ale wouldn't be too bad either (ginger ale) /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif For anyone interested in meeting people up there, I should be going in my 1987 Celebrity /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif [​IMG] /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif -Rob-

19. fright89

fright89 1/2 ton status

I will see you there

20. MA87K5

MA87K5 1/2 ton status

I will also be there.