Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Possible get together the weekend of Feb 14th or 21st

Discussion in 'New England Region' started by Leadfoot, Jan 21, 2004.

1. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

The family is going on a cruise and I decided to save some $$ and stay home, plus I need the $$ to work on my projects. I would like to host a meet and greet for CK5 members at the house. I don't think we will be doing any "trail" rides (maybe some back roads so those with stockers like my 78 can do). I figured we could meet at my house (plenty o parking) and shoot the breeze. Afterwords we could order food or head out some place local.

Let me know if any of your are interested and if so, which weekend(s). I am in Hatfield, MA (15-20 North of Springfield), and am 5 minutes (less if you don't have to stop for deer /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif) off of Interstate 91.

I know I have met some of you at the Hillclimbs and up in New Hampshire, and would like to get together again as well as meet some others. There is even some space to crash for those traveling long distance (space is limited though).

If we have enough interest, I will be glad to put something together. I'm assuming the Saturdays would be better (for those traveling).

2. MA87K5

MA87K5 1/2 ton status

I could be a possible attendee. Will know more as the date gets closer. The 21st would be best for me due to the 14th being valentines day.

3. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Thanks for the invite...
    To be honest, I doubt I would be able to make it up there. Sounds like it will be a blast though.
    Have fun.
    Boss

4. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

Interested.. and the 19th is my birthday WOO HOO /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Leadfoot

I was hoping a few more people would respond, but I guess not much time has passed since I posted (either that or everyone hates me ). Also just want to clarify that rigs aren't needed, take whatever gets you from point A to point B (and Back /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif). Drive your car, your bike, or your moped....., I'm sure if we do venture off the beaten path somebody will let your ride shot-gun, and we may not go "off-road". I was figuring on more of a meet and greet, and then decide from there.

6. TruckNutzDude

This would be a good place to see who's up for a wheeling adventure in this area when I get around to planning one. I'm just waiting to get my rig together /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

7. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Interested.. and the 19th is my birthday WOO HOO

[/ QUOTE ]

Rob,
    Does that mean you will be finally turning 21? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. 84K5BD

84K5BD 1/2 ton status

i haven't replied because i won't know if i can make it until that week. a meet and greet would be good, don't know if i can have my k5 back together by then.

9. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I'de love to come over, But I'm not working these days, and gas money is hard to come by! I have a cast on my gas pedal leg. It's supposed to come off feb 9th. If i get enough cabbage before the date, I'll come over.

10. widowmaker

widowmaker Registered Member

the 14 would be better for mecause i am off that weekend if thats coolwith rob and i can wait to meet all of you hi michelle

11. TruckNutzDude

[ QUOTE ]
    Rob,
    Does that mean you will be finally turning 21?

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately no... it means I'll be 20 /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

12. Leadfoot

[ QUOTE ]
    I have a cast on my gas pedal leg.

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

I was hoping to chat with you again, but I definitely understand the $$$ thing. Don't worry about it, I'm sure we'll meet up again somewhere. If you are ever out again this way, just give a jingle.

Take care though.

13. Leadfoot

[ QUOTE ]
    i haven't replied because i won't know if i can make it until that week. a meet and greet would be good, don't know if i can have my k5 back together by then.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I hope you get to make it as I still owe you one for the wiring harness (beer, soda, water, etc would be on me). Thanks (on behalf of NoAngel) again for that.

What are you doing to the K5? (didn't know it was down)

14. TruckNutzDude

[ QUOTE ]
    What are you doing to the K5?

[/ QUOTE ]
    I think I know, but it's top secret /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. 84K5BD

84K5BD 1/2 ton status

i am going to be swapping in rockwells and going to 44's, i want to do rear steering and they are the cheapest way to go.i want to run 44's with no fear of breaking. hoping to be done by spring.

16. 84K5BD

84K5BD 1/2 ton status

ha ha, if the weather would break and we can get some decent weather i could have that part finished.

17. TruckNutzDude

[ QUOTE ]
    i am going to be swapping in rockwells and going to 44's, i want to do rear steering and they are the cheapest way to go.i want to run 44's with no fear of breaking. hoping to be done by spring.

[/ QUOTE ]
    is that sarcasm??? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

18. MA87K5

MA87K5 1/2 ton status

How are the plans going? Any decision on which day?

19. widowmaker

widowmaker Registered Member

is everyone still going onthe 14th cause me and trucknutzdude are going cause its the only weekend i have offbut i need to know so i can plan my weekend by at least wednesday would be goos please /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

20. Leadfoot

Not too many people have replied. Right now it seems like some don't want to come because it's Valentine's Day, and others can't come on the 21st. I can do either day. I was leaning towards the 14th, we could shoot the breeze early in morning and/or the afternoon, and head out late afternoon for food, those that would need to leave for family obligations or sweethearts could leave at any time. Does this sound OK for people? If there is enough interest to swap it to the 21st I will, but I have only heard from one person saying the 21st is better, whereas there are a couple of people who can't make the 21st.

As of today, I will say we are meeting on the 14th, unless those that want to come/replied say differently in the post...and by Wednesday (this gives people some time to plan). Thanks!

I don't want to cause bad blood, by picking one day over the other, I just want to get as many people to come as possible.

Also, anybody definitely or >60% sure they are coming, can you give me a heads up in the post, so I can get an idea of how many will be there.

Thanks!
    Chris