Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Possible Gov-lok detination?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 91gmcjimmyCH_IL, Jan 24, 2002.

1. 91gmcjimmyCH_IL

91gmcjimmyCH_IL 1/2 ton status

For the past few weeks I have felt like I should push my truck off a huge cliff. Quite simply the noises are driving me insane. It seems like each day there is a new terrible noise to worry me. I recently put in the SYE kit from JB conversions for my 241 and got a one ton shaft from Tom Woods. Everything was great after that untill one cold day I hear a whinning when I slow down, then I notice lots of vibrations under my feet that were a little unerving. The niose that caused me to seek counseltation is the tremendous bangs and clunks when I first start accelerating. It doesn't do it all the time but once was enough to freek me out. My question: is it my gov-lok telling me that dettination is imminent or should I look elsewhere? I don't think I can handle the noises anymore they are driving me insane.

2. RedDwarf

RedDwarf 1/2 ton status

Lubricate your driveshaft slip joint and your leaf springs with a good graphite grease. The clunking is probably the pinion climbing under load and then the yoke and/or spring packs are binding up causing the noise. Good luck