Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

possible late 70s K5 scoop for me, got a question:

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Thumper, Oct 1, 2003.

1. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

Its a good running complete K5. My buddy wants the motor out of it, and will give me the rest for 300.00. It has a D44 and 14FF in it, with the 350, TH350 and 203 t-case. I am not sure of the exact year of the truck, but its a half cab with the single round headlights. What gear ratio would you think it would have? I will probably grab it from him and part it out for parts as soon as I can.
    The windshield is perfect, will it fit into an 85 K5? I will also be keeping both diffs, the tires will go onto my wifes Ram, and it has newer model reclining seats in it so those are mine too. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    I guess I just talked myself into buying it... hehe
    Thanks for any replies.
    Mike

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Since the 14FF never came from the factory in a K5, there's no telling what the gear ratio might be. 14FF's came with everything from 3.42's to 4.56's. Time to pull a cover and look for yourself. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

3. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Just drop an engine in it and drive the sucker! Or sell it whole. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif