Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Possible NEW source for Disc conversion parts.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Grim-Reaper, May 16, 2002.

1. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

So I'm out back smoking a cig (yeah I know it's bad for me) and I'm leaning against my Supra. Look over at the Sequia SUV that the people in the shop next door have. I notice it has Disc rears. I know the old Toys ran the same lug pattern as half ton chevy's do. Take a peak under it and it appears to be the same set up as my Supra. Nice small relatively low volume caliper with the inside of the disc having a small drum parking brake. THe Disc installs like a front drive car OVER the end of the axle. It has a bigger hole in the center than GM rims. Might have to run the Jap studs to get the shoulders on the lugs to center the disc. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
    Down side is Toy parts are darn expensive.

2. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Man.... those cigs must stimulate your brain.. /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif!

Wouldn't that be cool if that stuff worked? Who's got a Seqoia that they'd let us take apart to see.. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Marv

3. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Well it give me an excuse to get out from behind the service desk I work. LOL. Ask Rob...I'm a Bum. I probably owe him a carton by now. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

4. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

The rear of Isuzu troopers are six lug with disc brakes too. The early ones have the E brake on the disc caliper. the new ones have a small drum for the E brake.