Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Possible Sponsorship (???)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by yeild2me, Sep 3, 2002.

1. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

Heres the deal-

I always hangout at the local 4 wheel drive shop here in town. well, today, the owner asked me about using my truck for his static display ( I guess he will be doing a couple of them), during the upcoming hockey season. He said he could set up an RTI ramp, or maybe bring some huge rocks so I could drive up on them. Part of the deal would be I could use his shop (its gonna be getting cold out soon!) and cut me some serious deals on parts. All I have to do is either give him the windsheild (I said no, because that would require removing my CK5 sticker) or both front fenders. His stickers will say--

"PERFORMANCE
    OFF-ROAD"
    (XXX) XXX-XXXX

or something to that effect.

Now my truck is no super off-road machine or TTC material, but it is pretty capable compared to 99% of the local rigs. Right now the majority of his business is lift kits and tires, and trucks with 44's that are for mall cruisin' only. My truck is not in this category, and has the bumps and bruises to prove it. And even though I still have the Dana 44 in the front, the very FEW who would notice it are not his potential customers anyway. Besides, I still have the HUGE external hubs, so most think its a 60 anyway.

I also wouldnt mind entering some of the local mud bogs and truck pulls (what few are left this year), only because I think it would be fun,but it would also look good for him (exposure wise). LOL As long as I did decent!! He said when the displays are over, I could take the stickers off. This isnt really gonna be like a contract or anything, just kinda swapping favors.

So, what does everybody think??

Rob

2. MontanaLifted

MontanaLifted 1/2 ton status

What do you have to lose? It sounds like a great deal that will pay off in the long run! Besides you can cover up some of those bruises with his stickers. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

3. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

SELLOUT! CORPORATE WHORE! I wish it was me, dammit! For real, I would do it. Nothing wrong with a couple stickers with a business name on your rig, and some advertising exposure. You are getting all of the bonuses in the deal-shop space, parts price break. I say go for it.

4. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    SELLOUT! CORPORATE WHORE

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahaha....go for it!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

In reply to:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SELLOUT! CORPORATE WHORE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    UYB said: Hahahaha....go for it!!
    Eric should know, he's our club whore... /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

6. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I say do it. Its easy for you and gets you in better with the 4x4 shop.

7. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

damn now that sounds like a sweet deal, plus you get to put some cool biusness stickers on your rig! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

8. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    UYB said: Hahahaha....go for it!!
    Eric should know, he's our club whore...

[/ QUOTE ]

Now Bruce wasn't it you in your Peterbuilt looking for sheeps in the mountains not to long ago? /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

9. chris672

chris672 1/2 ton status

Why not give him your window and put a ck5 sticker somewhere else.

10. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Sounds like an OK deal to me. You get discounts and shop space he get the advertisement. Sounds like a win..win situation. Give up the winshield BTW. Its a bunch easier to get stickers off glass than paint. Just move the CK5 sticker to the bottom of the glass.

11. MTPockets

MTPockets 1/2 ton status

sounds like a great opportunity for both of you. he gets a great looking k5 for a banner and you get the shop and parts. you may want to think about coming to more definite terms though...just to clear up any misunderstandings that may come up later on. like...limits of shop time, discount amounts, inclusions, disclusions...how many public appearances, mud bogs would be required...that sort of thing. of course, if you have some history with this fella and know he is good on his word...then enjoy the shop time and add some more lovin' to your ride! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

IMO...give him the windshield and put some ck5 stickers on the quarters. as already mentioned...easier to remove from glass.

good luck and i'll see ya in tellico.

12. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

why are you wasting your time posting here????

you should be shaking hands with the man and have a few P/N's ready for him! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

way to be, brah! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

13. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

Yeah, Im going to go back over there today and talk with him more.

thanks for the input guys, we will see what happens.

as far as the windsheild thing goes, his stickers are the same ones he has on his tow trucks on the back glass so, they are HUGE. at least to big for the windsheild (i.e. safety). They do look good though. he has some on his other 4X4's, but if I still had the hard top, they would be perfect on the side windows.

i will keep ya posted.

rob