Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Possible Vehicle Transport from Sarasota, FL to B'ham, AL

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by Lance, Nov 3, 2003.

1. Lance

Lance 1/2 ton status

Possible Vehicle Transport from Sarasota, FL to B\'ham, AL

I'm looking at a vehicle. It's priced right and is in decent shape. The problem is it's in Sarasota, (Tampa area) FL. Send me a PM if you are willing to trailer a vehicle from there to the B'ham, AL area and what you'd charge me to haul it here. I haven't bought it yet and if I can't find a good deal on shipping I may have to pass it up.

The best quote from a vehicle transporter is $600, for door to door delivery. Anything less than that is a good start. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Delivery to Chattanooga, TN or Atlanta, GA would also be considered, bu B'ham is the ideal location.

2. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

Re: Possible Vehicle Transport from Sarasota, FL to B\'ham, AL

My brother will be taking a couple of cars from MD to FL the weekend of Nov. 14-16. If he can pick up your vehicle on the way down Saturday (Nov.15) he will bring it back to you Monday (Nov.17) for $500.00. Let me know what you think and I will get you his number. BTW what kind of vehicle?

3. Lance

Lance 1/2 ton status

Would he be able to bring it to the B'ham, AL area (less than 3 miles from I-65) or is this price for delivery to one of my alternate locations (which are off of I-75 in Chattanooga and Atlanta.)

As for the vehicle, I'm sure I'll catch sh*t for this, but it's a running pre-78 Bronco. Is this going to be a deal breaker? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Let me know about my questions.

Thanks for responding,

Lance

4. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

Yes $500.00 to your door to Birmingham. No not a deal breaker for us, but you could be kicked off the site.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. Stroked72Blazer

Stroked72Blazer 1/2 ton status

try fleet services in Hot Springs, AR or Dave Meeker Auto Transport in Purcell, OK. Tell them Colin refered you but I doubt that will help at Fleet.

6. Lance

Lance 1/2 ton status

Then where would I get all the info I need for my K5. I'm not necessarily switching teams just pulling a bit of a "Bo Jackson". You know, trying to have the best of both worlds, but not really suceeding in either.

Anyways, I talked to the guy this afternoon. The rig's tub is there and it runs, but there was a catch he didn't let me in on until now. Most of the rest of the parts (steel top, doors and a bunch of misc. parts) are not installed on the vehicle and he will need help loading those. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Why don't people tell you this when you ask if something is complete? Anyways, it sounds like there is more in parts there than I could reasonably expect anyone to load (he thinks it could take up to half a day to load all the spare parts) so I think I'm gonna pass on this deal.

Thanks anyways,

Lance

7. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

Do you mind passing on the information for the Bronco? I have a friend looking for a good body for his truck.