Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

possibly going to finally relocate, to KS

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by R72K5, Jan 13, 2004.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

a stepson of my grandpa says he can get me on where he works down there i found out, its in the Parsons area. this would be good sinc i still ahve not bene able to find any work for almost two years now, still.,.....

going to find out more in next day or two, what is parsons area like down there anyone know ? i dont even know how big of an area it is, up her ei am in about 13k population area with nothing around but few hundred population small farming towns, until springfield and decatur and bloomington which are 30+ miles away

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

CRAP! Parsons is way down in the southeast corner, by Pittburg, which is where my wifes family is from. Too damn far from my town at 5+ hours away. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Parsons, I believe, is a town in the range of 12K+ population. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

What kind of work are you looking for? Here in Ellsworth we have a medium security prison which they are trying to "upgrade" (if you wanna call it that) to a maximum security and they are always hiring for guards, etc. Pay is around the $13 per hour range, so I'm told. Insurance is covered but you pay a small fee for wife, kids, etc.
    There is also a welding factory on the north edge of town by the prison. They manufacture beams for buildings, supports, etc. Pay is also over the $10 range per hour.

Gotta keep in mind for my town of 3K population that if the pay ranges I listed above seem too small to your larger city life, its good pay here since the cost of living is cheaper than the big cities. Houses can be bought and owned for under $50K easily. And those are nice houses, too. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Also, you would be exactly 6 hours away from Denver, if you should ever decide to go up and see the rest of the morons from this site. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

The only positive thing I see living in Parsons would be the fact you would be reeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaal close to Disney. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Plus, I'm trying to "lure" more members to my town so I'm not so lonely all the time. Its hard to find others with the same interests as we have close by. In other words, what Dan (KRAZIE87K5) did to Bryan (laketex) is what I would like to do to you.......get you to move close by. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

3. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    your larger city life

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif That's a good one! Ya we be in da BIG city up here! We got a Wal-Mart AND a Target! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif I've been in Randy's town a couple times and it's almost exactly like the one I live in: Former halfway-decent factory town and the factory packed its bags and moved to Mexico (or was sold by it's parent company in my case [GM no less]) and left all the workers high and dry.

4. thatK30guy

Any town that has a Wal-Mart or Target is larger than the town I live in. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif The nearest WM or Target is 35 miles away.

My hometown is the slow life. You can walk all over the town in 1 hour. You can enjoy the slower traffic speeds as the fastest street is 30 mph. Its quiet and peaceful here with hardly any crime. No murders, etc. either.

I have lived in Salina, which is around 50K and also in Hays which at the time I lived, was around 12K population and now is pushing 25K. Hays was good and the right size at 12K, but Salina is a madhouse. I'm just very thankful I don't live in one of those larger cities like K.C. or Wichita, etc. as I've driven in those and they suck. No different than the famous big cities all over the nation. Just can't stand the bumper to bumper traffic and the excessive speeds those lunatics do. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I like KC. But ofcorse I lived just north of it up in Omaha, Ne. for most of my life. KC is alot of fun. Used to go to Sandstone for concerts.

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

For anyone wanting to move to Kansas, they need to have their heads checked........... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    My hometown is the slow life. You can walk all over the town in 1 hour. You can enjoy the slower traffic speeds as the fastest street is 30 mph. Its quiet and peaceful here with hardly any crime. No murders, etc. either.

[/ QUOTE ]
    boy that sounds nice..thats JUST the type of place i want ot move to..whats the weather like? if i could find a place like that that wasnt so god damn cold all the time..i think id be set!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    For anyone wanting to move to Kansas, they need to have their heads checked...........

[/ QUOTE ]

guess i better go call the doc eh? haha

9. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

welp i guess i let the wagon get ahead of the horses cuz i just got email back and found out that its a plant that he is manager of and that they have been laying off employees, so...

same problem as everywhere else in this country..

hmm...

guess i wasted everyones time in this thread, thought i finally found an opportunity to find some work,,

or not..

damn..

thanks

10. thatK30guy

Theres a brick plant 4 miles out of town thats hiring left and right now. Good pay out there, too, as they pay on performance. I've heard of guys putting out so much over there, they were making in the excess of $20 to $30 per hour. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. thatK30guy

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    boy that sounds nice..thats JUST the type of place i want ot move to..whats the weather like? if i could find a place like that that wasnt so god damn cold all the time..i think id be set!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The weather has been very good and cooperative so far. Today it was 56 degrees and the low for the week is something like 47. We've only had 2 storms this winter so far and the coldest day was only around 10 degrees. Winters here are short and most of the time, mild.

There are 2 lakes to choose from, both about 15 miles away from town, opposite ways. Great for fishing, boating, skiing, etc. if you like.
    Lots of properties for hunting game, etc. The nearest big cities (50K+ pop) is 35 miles away. K.C. is 3 hours away while Wichita is 1.5 hours away.

My hometown is "just right" for someone who wants the slow life. There are so many people relocating to this town, its not funny. Theres been a long list of people trying to find homes to buy here and the selections are slim. Even though there are new homes being built, there are still a lot of houses here that can still be redone/remodeled, and for cheap, too.
    Taxes on home properties very seldom get over $1000 on most homes. Mine were something like $340 last year.
    There are a few eateries here, but nothing fancy like McDonalds or Red Lobster. Most are small home cooking restaurants. We have a Dairy Queen and a Pizza Hut which are the more "popular" named places.

I'm 8 miles away from I-70 and 35 miles away from I-135.

Just some rough ideas of my small hometown living. Got more questions? Ask. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

Small town??! Thats an understatement! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif You guys have paved roads yet? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    Whats weird, is even when you do go into a McDonalds in those small as towns, the people are nice! Its not all ghetto like it is here /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
    Everyone is nice it seems back there. WAY different than it is here in So. Cal. And its FLAT!!
    I couldnt believe how cheap houses were to BUY back there. You cant even rent something here for what a morgage payment is back there. And storage places....I dont even want to get into how cheap they are compared to here.