Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Possibly selling my 73, too discouraged...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 73BlazerT, Apr 13, 2002.

1. 73BlazerT

73BlazerT Registered Member

The whole undercarriage (not the frame) is pretty much shot. It needs fenders, rocker panels, a whole tub pretty much. I have no one to help me do this [censored] and I don't know how to take it apart or weld or fabricate, nor do I have the money to take it somewhere. I'd buy a tub but I have no cash, nor a place to put it, odds are just so stacked against me making anything of my Blazer I'm encouraged to sell it. It's just too goddamn frustrating. *sighs*

2. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

umm, can i have the transmission?
    j/k
    dont sell it man. that is part of the fun of this hobby/money pit. to learn how to do the things you need to do on your rig. it cost cash, some of us have it some of us dont. but ether way, take the time to learn how to fix it. then once you roll it you know how to do it again when you get another rig. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
    grant

3. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

Tear all the sheetmetal off and make it a trail rig. just "lighten" it up a tit bit.

NITRO

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Take a look at my web site. It can be fixed if you get creative. Once you drive it top off....you would hate yourself for selling it. took me a year to put floors back in it. Made the floors no bought parts. Took me a year to do it. Barrowed a couple welders to do the work. taught myself how to weld along the way. Total cost to replace the floors...about $200. That includes the 4x4 I used for rockers. If you want it to be stock looking it would be cheaper. J.Cwhiteny rockers are like $14 a side. The front floor section of a truck will work. The rest I built out of 1x2 box. $24 for 24 ft. Dug through the scrap pile at the local metal supply place for the sheet metal. Lot of work but it can be done cheap if you know somebody that will loan you a welder.