Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Post a pic of how you have your subs mounted!

Discussion in 'Audio' started by laketex, Apr 29, 2003.

1. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Yeah, i know, like this hasn't been covered before /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

But my new K5 needs some sound! It's got a Kenwood CD deck and a pair of 6x9's behind the roof pillar in the side. (Bedsides removed). That's all i'm gonna say for now, cause I want to see a pic or get an idea of EVERY possibility. I've got a 12" ESX sub and 250 watt kenwood amp out of my old pickup that ive been saving for a rainy day and i'm ready now for some bass again. 'Tis been too long!

Post a pic if you've got one! /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

I'd suggest that you mount that thing right underneith the drivers seat, to both save valuable cargo room and to make the ride just that much more interesting! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

-Dan

3. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

passenger seat maybe! Actually, that's a great way to go for a competition low wattage sound q car...but I think it might get a bit annoying!

B

4. dleroy43

dleroy43 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

My 15" subs box is mounted with a small rattchet straps and small u bolts in the middle, in front of the tailgate. its close to the gate so when someone looks in, the wont see it. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
    sorry but cant I get pics for a while /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

5. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

no prob. I'm just gathering ideas. Since i'll have a soft top year around, I need something fairly stealth and/or secure.

6. pplblazerdude

pplblazerdude 1/2 ton status

I have two tens in the center of my cargo area look at pics in my web shots.

Clint

7. rebelk5frk

rebelk5frk 1/2 ton status

An idea I drew up but have yet to build is to make a custom center console with an integrated speaker box in the bottom.

Very minimal cargo space is lost and I planned mine to be high enough to make an armrest for the top.

If you recess the speaker so it's flush and cover all of the sides with grill cloth then it would be totally stealth.

I think what I have drawn uses a 10" speaker but you could probably fit a 12" with a little larger box/console.

It's a good solution if you only want to have 1 sub for a little bit of bass.

8. BrianDamage

BrianDamage 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    An idea I drew up but have yet to build is to make a custom center console with an integrated speaker box in the bottom.

Very minimal cargo space is lost and I planned mine to be high enough to make an armrest for the top.

If you recess the speaker so it's flush and cover all of the sides with grill cloth then it would be totally stealth.

I think what I have drawn uses a 10" speaker but you could probably fit a 12" with a little larger box/console.

It's a good solution if you only want to have 1 sub for a little bit of bass.

[/ QUOTE ]

they make those commercially for the late model Tahoes and such. SOmebodyu had some pics of a restored 73 K5 that the production year was questionable (because of the frame/body combo) and it had the same type consile in my 99 Tahoe...only it had a 10" woofer mounted in the bottom. WIsh I could remember the name of the company.

9. toynova

toynova Guest

Clarion has them

10. Blazn88

Blazn88 Registered Member

I don't have any pics, but my side panels are my speaker boxes. I made it out of 3/4" MDF, with my 10's mounted near the tailgate. Then I have a 6 1/2" component set mounted in the panel next to the rearseat armrest. The whole thing is done up in gray speakerbox carpeting to match the interior. For the rest of the system, I made custom panels for the door. The bottom panel has a 6 1/2" three way speaker, and the upper panel has a 5 1/4" component system and these are wrapped in gray vinyl. I also have a pair of 3 1/2" speakers in the corners of the dash. PM me with your e-mail address and i hope to have some pics soon that i will send you... /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

11. rebelk5frk

rebelk5frk 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    they make those commercially for the late model Tahoes and such. SOmebodyu had some pics of a restored 73 K5 that the production year was questionable (because of the frame/body combo) and it had the same type consile in my 99 Tahoe...only it had a 10" woofer mounted in the bottom. WIsh I could remember the name of the company.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's partly what gave me the idea.... but I'd rather have it "built not bought"

12. '72brett

'72brett 1/2 ton status

I have a custom center console and I am planning to mount an 8" sub into it. I could probably fit a 10", but a friend of mine has 2-8" for sale. I was thinkin bout putting both on either side of the console, or putting one im my "container" that was built to hold stuff. I dont reall need that or use it. You can see pics of what I am talking about in my webshots page.