Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Post lift ?'s

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by coloradoblazers, Aug 20, 2001.

1. coloradoblazers

coloradoblazers 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Post lift ?\'s

i plan on lifting my blazer this weekend (pics will be up asap). My ? is what do i need to get to make sure the speedometer & Odometer are corrected. Dont really feel like gussing my speed, so what do I need to buy and where. Thanks!

K-5- because size DOES matter!

2. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Re: Post lift ?\'s

Which one are you lifting? 87 or the later model? IF its the 87 you would be better of getting an Autometer or VDO programable speedometer. If your doing the later model just get a superlift speed calibrator. EIther one is going to cost you a couple of bills. The cheapest way to get around it is to tell a trans. shop what your doing and and they can give you a colored gear to swap into your output.

3. coloradoblazers

coloradoblazers 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Re: Post lift ?\'s

It is a 1987, and I will be running 36's. I thought about a new speedometer, but wasn't sure if it was the easiest way. I should be albe to get one. was planning on modifing the gauge panel anyway...
    thanks alot fr8train.

K-5- because size DOES matter!