Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Post pics and/or tell me about air intake upgrades.

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by yeild2me, Jan 28, 2003.

1. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

What was GM thinking when they designed the way the air comes in through the fender, forward through the filter, cuts a 90 degree turn left through that winding little tube to the Turbo, then in to the intake??? What upgrades have you seasoned Diesel Heads done??? I have a K&N already, But there HAS to be improvements that can be made to that mess!!

Thanks rob

2. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Take a look at my link in my sig and look under snorkel. 4" PVC pipe is what I used. I used a 4" to 3" rubber adapter to attach it to the air breather. No problem getting air in now!!

3. AzzKicker

AzzKicker 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

What i just realized is RAIN. Theres no way of trapping water from RAIN while driving. I may need to tweak that. But overall I did notice more improvment while passing etc. Its also very loud /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif which I kinda dont like.

4. arveetek

arveetek 1/2 ton status

You must have a '93 or later 6.5L TD. Most of the guys over at www.thedieselpage.com have removed those snorkels that go into the fender altogether, allowing the fresh air to come into the air box through the fender without much restriction.

In all reality, a turbo will suck in all the air it needs to feed the engine, so the intake mods aren't as noticeable as they are on an n/a diesel.

Casey