Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

!!! Post Your Favorite Picture of Anything !!! (Free Membership!)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 350350, Feb 4, 2004.

1. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

I Will Be Editing/Updating The Rules as We Go, so Please Read this Original Post Before the 'Final Cut' on 12-Feb-2004 to be sure you have the latest and greatest info!!!

Here are the rules though... /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif It has to have been taken by you or a buddy or someone you know. Not downloaded off the internet or scanned from a magazine. A real-life snapshot you 'own'...

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif No Hot Scantily Clad Chicks, Scantily Clad Hot Guys, or Pets. I love all of these things too but I'm afraid that's all we'll get if I don't put this rule in!!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif It can be of a person/people, but not of the 'Sex Sells' or 'Cute Pets' variety.

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif You have to have a reliable picture hosting source, and you have to disclose that source. I've been trying several ways lately with little luck. Imagestation works sometimes, and I just now posted some pics that link back to my CK5 Member Gallery pics, so we'll see how that works out. In any case, everyone has to be able to see your pic(s) and if not, someone has to alert us that they are the ol' 'Red X' at some point in time or location.

Other than that, post anything. After one week, I will of course, Bubba, be posting a Poll so you can vote on your favorite picture. I will buy a CK5 Membership for the person who wins the poll, and that person can either use it him/herself or give it away. I'm the Coolest Poll Whore Ever Bubba!!!

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif I would like to propose an amendment to your rules.

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif *No pics of anyone under the age of 15; i.e. no baby pics.

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif *And NO Chop jobs either.

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif Consider the rules amended!

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif ???snapshot? or is a planned shot fine???? Yes! Planned Photos are Fine!!!

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif ???So ummmmmm, how many pics are we allowed to post? Are you going to disqualify people for not posting where they are hosted? I see a kid in one of these and a GF in another...???

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif I'm sticking to my guns on the posting disclosure thing though. One thing I want to get out of this is options for posting pictures for free. So if you didn't disclose how you posted your picture, please go back and edit your post with that information.

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif On the multiple picture issue, I figure you can post multiple pictures and when it's time for the poll, I'll ask each person to reply to this post with only one of the pictures they posted which they would like to be used in the Poll. I have decided that I would like each person who has posted multiple pictures to go back and edit their post to indicate which single picture they would like to be voted on in the Poll. Please do so before 12-Feb-2004 to be considered for the final Poll!!!

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif On the Kids/GF/Pets issue, I'll just say post them if you want but let your public decide whether you should win the free membership by not voting for you in the poll. I really do want to see pictures of your Girlfriend(s) but I would rather see someone win the free membership for a really cool picture of something else. I suppose if the Poll winner is of one of the pictures I originally disqualified the free membership will go to the next highest Poll Vote??? In any case, Popular Opinion will prevail... /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Should I ask a friendly moderator to move this to the garage, so that non-members can join in since there is a new membership on the line?

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Thing is, we could see their pictures (and learn their posting places) but they won't be able to see our pics posted on CK5 member galleries... and therefore not be able to vote for our Members' Pictures in the final Poll.

/forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif What do Y'All think? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Here's my 'Getting It Started' Picture. This a picture of the Trans Am floor mats in my TPI S10 Blazer (The TPI came out of a Trans Am) and you can see this was taken on a muddy outing as my copilot has his mud boots on!

This picture is posted in my Member Gallery and linked to its url there.

[​IMG]

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I would like to propose an amendment to your rules.

*No pics of anyone under the age of 15; i.e. no baby pics.

*And NO Chop jobs either.

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I dub thee "Wilson" [​IMG] /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

4. o2bjimmy

o2bjimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Scantily Clad Hot Guys, or Pets. I love all of these things..............

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

5. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Oooh oooh, Can i come over and hang out?

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

7. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

well im going to keep with BOTH themes already started with the picture posting.. and post two pictures, just because i can..
    this, keeping with the "retard" theme
    chevy4wd burning the mower tire..
    [​IMG]

WOOHOO!!! i get to whore my pictures!!

hosted for free at my ck5 gallery..

8. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

It's my favorite picture because I just now (as in less than an hour ago) got done building it! Some many little springs, roll pins, trigger parts, etc.

I'm proud of it.

9. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    A real-life snapshot you 'own'...

[/ QUOTE ]
    snapshot? or is a planned shot fine?

10. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[​IMG]
    my girlfriend /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

11. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    A real-life snapshot you 'own'...

[/ QUOTE ]
    snapshot? or is a planned shot fine?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that's cool!

12. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I would like to propose an amendment to your rules.

*No pics of anyone under the age of 15; i.e. no baby pics.

*And NO Chop jobs either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Consider the rules amended!

13. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Scantily Clad Hot Guys, or Pets. I love all of these things..............

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif Just trying to cover all the loopholes??? /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!!! /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

14. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

Here is a pic of me on a previous deployment. It was one from last year when all the crap hit the fan. According to our T.O.'s, when marshaling aircraft, orange wands/paddles must be used, but the poster showing the movement is a guy with huge hands. They are half the size of his body. Thats where the Giant Orange Hands came from. Me and a guy I work with made them. Took us about 3 days on and off. They have gone on every deployment since! Image is hosted in the members galleries on CK5.

[​IMG]

Kris

15. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

So you mean no scantily clad pets, or no pets period? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

16. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

My nephew Tristan, he worships me!! From my members gallery photos Don't count this pic as theirs someone under 15, sorry!!![​IMG]

17. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

From my members gallery on ck5 its my arm and my camera
    [​IMG]

18. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

heres my photo. Taken by my girlfriend back when she was in high school. its hosted in my ck5 members gallery
    [​IMG]

19. txfireman110

txfireman110 1/2 ton status

Where'd the tire go /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    [​IMG]
    Hosted in my gallery

20. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]
    here's a waterfall the wife and I hiked into to see last fall.

Hosted on CK5 members