Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Post your Irok review...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ryoken, Feb 7, 2005.

1. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

ok, guys, tax return should be coming soon so its time to order my lift and tires. :woot: did surprisingly well...

i'm ready to order the 36 x 13.50 x 15's Iroks and want to hear your thoughts on the tire..

mud performance and street manners are what i'm interested in.... road noise, wet/snow performance and potential mileage woes... i'd be satisfied if i could get 20 to 25,000 out of em..

and i definitely want the radials right? thanks for any imput :waytogo:

2. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

Haven't had mine for long, but I have the bias 36x13.50x15's and I love them. Road manner...well I had balanced 35" SSR's before, and the Iroks (unbalanced) aren't any worse. Of coarse I had some out-of-rounds SSR's...

In the snow, they have hooked up well. On the rocks, hook up very well. In the Mud, they seem to work very well too. I only have two runs on them so far, but I am impressed so far. They are WAY better than the SSR's were, that I can say for sure.

Tire wear, can't say about that. I am running a welded rear so hopefully they dont go too fast. Overall I would recomment them to anyone, they don't seem to have any compromises when it comes to off-road performance, and the price is great.

As far as the tread depth stuff going around, these have the same amount of tread depth that my 35" SSR's had. In this tire size they are the same. AFAIK the 35's and 37's are radials, 36's are bias.

[​IMG]

"Once again, innocence is destroyed, and it's Americans destroying other Americans. This conduct runs wild in this country ... It's not the Taliban doing it. It's Americans." -Ted Nugent

http://www.krazyk5.com
    http://community.webshots.com/user/trcksr4me
    http://community.webshots.com/user/trcksr4me2

3. ryoken

good to hear your liking them.. liking my decision on them over SSR's too..

they look like the offroad performance will be very good.. i was mainly concerned about how annoying they where on the street..

i would think i definitely would want the radial... heck, i haven't run a biasply since the early 80's.. ;)

a new place i found somewhat close to me is this place http://www.ok4wd.com/product.asp?id=468 and they list the radial as a 36. if its only the 37x12.50, i'd prolly reconsider somewhat.. i'm digging the 36x13.50 size..

thanks for the help. :D

Last edited: Feb 8, 2005
  4. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

5. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

im running the 39.5x13.5x16in iroks and have been for about a year i have about 13,000 on mine and still have about 70-75% tread left. they do awesome on and off road unless i go to a bogger then they are the only tires i will run from now on i like them that much. mine are the bias ply tires and they are much smoother and quieter then my old tsl's were. i would highly recomend them:D :D :D :D

6. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

where would the tires be comin from if i ordered from that link?

7. ryoken

well, considering its somewhat near me here in Jersey, i'd bet it'd cost a pretty penny to ship to you... most places seem to be in that $205 range... i would just find one somewhat local to you.. even if its across the state, cheaper than across the country..

i'm not even sure that place is decent.. they might charge a fortune to ship.. i'm close enough to pickup tho..

do a Google search, its what i did...

8. ryoken

anybody know the real world differences between their radial and bias ply? i seem to remember someone here saying the tread pattern was different... i would think the bias has a thicker sidewall.. hmmm, appears the bias is a little taller too... :thinking:

9. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

If you go radial, get the 37's, they are about the same height as the 36" bias ply's. One other thing a lot of people notice on mine is that the tread blocks are smaller than those on a similar sized TSL, however the tread voids are large and my hope is that they will clean out really well in the mud. My mud testing thus far has been limited, but come memorial day they should get a work out :D

[​IMG]

"Once again, innocence is destroyed, and it's Americans destroying other Americans. This conduct runs wild in this country ... It's not the Taliban doing it. It's Americans." -Ted Nugent

http://www.krazyk5.com
    http://community.webshots.com/user/trcksr4me
    http://community.webshots.com/user/trcksr4me2

10. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I love my IROKs, even though they've never left the driveway. When I want to roll the truck forward or back I can grab a big lug and pull :). They are so soft I can't wait to use them. Well after I sell them. Go bigger man, buy my 39" IROKs.

11. ryoken

haha, i know man.. believe me its hard to keep from going big... wish i could help ya out.. i'll actually be illegal as it is with 6" of lift and 36's, but i can get away with that..

are yours bias or radials?

heres one for ya.. explain this to me....

heres the bias

36x13.50-15LT 11.0 36.8

37x14.00-15L 10.5 36.5

why is the 37x14 actually smaller in tread width and diameter than the 36x13.50?

the 2 i'm looking at in radial are

36x13.50R15LT 11.0 36.0

37x12.50R15LT 10.5 36.9

as of now, the 36 radial really seems to be the choice i should make.... i like the "numbers" for the bias version better but i really have to figure the radial is a better choice.. the truck will be 80% on street doing 70mph on the parkway. i have to assume the radial will be better suited for that task.. i'm willing to give up some sidewall strength for the street manners..

help me out brother? :D :confused: i own 8" Rallys and have access to 10" Rockcrawlers....