Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

posting pics

Discussion in 'Feedback | Site Announcements' started by 4x4k20, Sep 27, 2002.

1. 4x4k20

4x4k20 1/2 ton status

why cant you make it easyer to post pics on here than what you have now i can on most other sites i visit post pics easy without having to use a website for example i visit fullsize chevy.com its easy to post pics there without going thru pasteing and copying you just hit browse and it comes up and i can get my pics off of the 3and 1/2 floopy or documents or were ever i have them stored ?

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I don't have any problem with it and I'm just a dumb redneck. What seems to be ailing you on this procedure? With a good browser, it's easier. I just moved onto Netscape 7 and the procedure is even easier. There is some cuttin and pastin, but it's fast, and none traumatic.

3. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Umm, you go to the gallery and click "upload pics" not sure I can make it any easier.

4. 4x4k20

4x4k20 1/2 ton status

dang i got a responce from the boss maybe i am missing something here or just not paying attenion [ i am very good at that] i have tryed to post pics in my post but dont know how please tell me you say go to gallery but that just lets you post pics there as far as i know

5. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

If you have the pic somewhere online all you have to do when you make a post is hit the "Image" link and then fill in the URL, or you can upload to the gallery, then right click on the pic and choose properties and just copy the URL like above.
    I am still looking at Members only being able to upload pics, the way it is now it would have to be everyone or no one, with 7,000 users my monthly bandwidth would be to much. I just snaged a pic from the gallery, thought this was funny:
    [​IMG]

6. 4x4k20

4x4k20 1/2 ton status

ok going to try it but i see that it has to be a pic that i already have online web page

7. 4x4k20

4x4k20 1/2 ton status

i will have to try this tomorrow its late time to go to sleep

8. rebelk5frk

rebelk5frk 1/2 ton status

It's a bit harder than simply uploading the picture into the message itself but that's only because the bandwidth AND storage space on Steve's server would be insane if he hosted every image ever posted.

But like they said it's pretty simple... just find the pic you have online where ever it is and and copy/paste the url of the pic.

You can do it with webshots like Steve explained for the ck5 phot gallery. Right click photo, select "properties" then copy the actual photo url and post away....

Like this.
    [​IMG]

Look familiar??? /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    And here's the url I used... http://community.webshots.com/storage/1/v2/3/24/88/50632488UxgCVS_ph.jpg

9. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

you cant host a pic from a website that has popups /forums/images/icons/frown.gif like webshots /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

10. 4x4k20

4x4k20 1/2 ton status

yea i finally figured out how to add them to the gallery but i still havent figured out how to post them in a post i still dont even know how to copy and paste i just know that some forums i visit you can post pics in your post as easy as you can here in the member gallery but you dont have that option when you try to post a pic to a reply most of the pics i have are not on the web

11. mudhog

right click the pic then click properties then highlight the web addy and right click it and click copy then do you see the link next to all the smillys that says image click it a box will open delete the http:// that is in it and then right click where that was and click past

12. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Shannon...good explanation. It might be easier to read with punctuation though. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif As a moderator you should be setting a better example. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

Rene

13. mudhog

true. Im just not good at that stuff or speeling /forums/images/icons/frown.gif lol /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

14. 4x4k20

4x4k20 1/2 ton status

thanks i will try that i know i;ll eventally figure it out

15. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Like I've said before, the best place to put them is on the web space provided with almost every ISP account out there. Whoever you pay for you internet connection (ISP) almost certainly provides you with 10 Meg or more of "free" space along with the account. Their tech support can help you figure out how to enable it and use it. Upload the pictures there and forget the aggravation of Webshots and such. Then you can link the image in any post you like. It also avoids putting the bandwidth drain on CK5 every time someone looks at the page (well, the first time anyway, before it's cached).