Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Posting pics

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 90K5, Nov 2, 2000.

1. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I want to post some pics soon. What do I need to do? Do I have to have a digital camera, or a scanner? Also how do you attach it to a post? Thanks

90K5

2. 1HIHUM

1HIHUM 1/2 ton status

Trying to figure out the same things as you. I'll let you know if I figure it out!

3. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

If you already have the pics developed take them to your local Walmart, they have a public scanner you can use, it costs a little bit of money but I don't think it is too much. Or if your roll of film is not developed when you get it developed most places will give you the option of getting the prints as well as a CD with all of your pics on it. If you want to scan it yourself then you will need a scanner or a buddy with a scanner. If you want to post your pics immedately then a digital camera will be the way to go, however I take my pics with my sony camcorder. The resolution isn't quite as good as most camera's but it works [​IMG]. As far as posting you might as well try and do your own website seeing how most people here are. If you don't want to attempt it you can upload your pics to Photopoint.com for everyone to see. Hope this helps.

[​IMG]
    http://mudfrog.coloradok5.com

4. 1HIHUM

1HIHUM 1/2 ton status

Have the scanner,have the picks in the computer, don't have the web site,or photo point...yet. How and where does everyone go to make these web sites? I haven't tried photopoint yet, but i'm planning on it soon. Is it hard to get your pictures on there. I'm about as computer savy as a monkey! And thanks for the help!

5. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Might be a good idea to buy yourself a scanner now, they are getting pretty cheap. They come with the software to enable you to manipulate the pics and turn them into .jpg files to post on the internet. Then you can get your [​IMG]free coloradoK5 website and you're off and running.......just make sure you don't upgrade Internet Explorer to version 5.5, lots of guys can't edit their site. Prior versions are not a problem.

<font color=black>'79 - 406 TPI -<font color=orange> K5#5 - <font color=blue>See it at---&gt;http://www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com

6. 1HIHUM

1HIHUM 1/2 ton status

So how do we go about getting the free web site? Wheredo we go ? And thanks for the help>

7. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

To build your "homepage" with the site coloradok5.com gives you .. you need to be on the http://www.coloradok5.com
    Then go the area that says "MEMBER CONTROL PANEL"
    Then select "SIGN UP NOW"
    And building the site is really simple.. just follow the directions.

It's better to have it than to need it, than to need it and not have it !!!!

8. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

9. blazen91

blazen91 1/2 ton status

Hay MudFrog, How do you post pics with a camcorder?

blazen91

10. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

I bought a device called "Dazzle Digital Photo Maker". It allows me to connect my camcorder to the PC. And it comes with the software needed to save movies or snapshots from the movies to your PC. It's really cool. Your camcorder has to have A/V jacks.

http://mudfrog.coloradok5.com
    [​IMG]