Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Posting??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 89Silverado, Dec 24, 2004.

1. 89Silverado

89Silverado Registered Member

Why can I only post in a few forums? Do i need to pay a fee in order to use the technical forums?

2. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

3. jkce457

jkce457 1/2 ton status

Yes, you must go to user CP and down at the bottom you can join :thumb:

4. 89Silverado

Thanks anyway!

Last edited: Dec 24, 2004
  5. rubbinz raczn

rubbinz raczn 1/2 ton status

lots of knowledge here ,don't let the door hit yah!

6. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

There fixed it for ya.

7. jkce457

jkce457 1/2 ton status

There is? Really? WTF were we thinking paying for a forum all this time! Please send us some links so we can all stop wasting our $. :screwy: :surepal: :haha:

8. paulmoon

paulmoon 1/2 ton status

Blaa Blaa Blaa Blaa Blaa Blaa Blaa Blaa Blaa Blaa Blaa Blaa Blaa Blaa Blaa
    Blaa Blaa Blaa Blaa Blaa Blaa Blaa Blaa Blaa Blaa Blaa BlaBlaa Blaa Blaa

9. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

I doubt you'll post again, or even come back, but if you do I'll tell you what. You show me a better free forum dedicated to full size Chevy trucks and offroading that has more technical info, knowledgeable members, and better atmosphere than we do here and I'll buy you a year's membership to this forum out of my own pocket to prove that you will change your mind. For that matter, show me a better PAY site and I'll send you 25 bucks to buy a year-long membership to that one.

Can't beat CK5 for all the different things it offers.

Of course you can't just name any site and say it's better, you have to give me a list of valid points and compare them to CK5, so start researching!:D

10. 89Silverado

Sorry to be rude before, just found it kind of weird to have to pay, esp. because I use about 5-6 different forums(for trucks and Chevelles) that are free.
    http://207.44.196.117/vboard/forumdisplay.php3?s=&forumid=37
    http://www.chevytalk.org/threads/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=UBB45
    The first one I havent used yet,Ive used their 73-87 truck forum VERY helpful.
    The second I've used for years(its combined, 73-87 trucks and blazers), also helpful, probably not as much traffic as CK5 though. I find the Performance section of the Chevytalk forum VERY helpful.
    http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forums/
    Another, pretty busy, MANY different topics.

I found the most helpful resource was myself though, the past week I've had my 89K5 I learned a lot, and fixed a lot!

Im sure this is a great forum, sorry to bash it right off the bat, maybe I can help ya out on another forum sometime.

Happy Holidays, Tony:xmas:

11. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I can toss in a good word for the http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard forum!

I've got a little over 4000 posts there, and I've learned almost everything I know there!

This forum seems pretty good as well, though :)

12. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Most free boards still accept and heartily welcome donations. This board used to be fully accessible for free and paying was only on donation basis, but costs quickly added up for Steve. If I remember right, he was spending thousands of dollars out of his pocket to keep the site up and running. Many other message boards are a sub-part of a larger website, and can afford to be free, but CK5 is run in its entirety by one man. There is a lot more to this site than the message forums, and keeping it up and running is a full time job. Steve has to feed his family and eat for himself once in a while too and it's just not possible for him to spend a ton of money to work a full time job that is supposed to be your living.

I'm not saying the other boards aren't good. I spend a lot of time at the 67-72 forums myself and they have a wide range of knowledge about Chevy trucks in general, but there aren't a whole lot of K5 owners and their Blazer forums are very slow-moving and seem to cater more to the 2wd Blazers. You won't find a better mix of general truck knowledge and offroading talk anywhere but here (in my opinion) :thumb:

Welcome and Thanks!

13. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Yep, I just joined up, so I don't know much about this place yet, but I totally understand the costs of running a site like this! I'll probally end up paying for a membership, its only 25 bucks, and helps keeps a good site up :)

14. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

I look at the membership this way for you guys that are thinking of joining or are barking about the 25 bucks.

A magazine subscription costs about 25 bucks.

In that magazine you will mostly likely get tech about vehicles you don't or or would never own. You get a bunch of advertising that you really don't need. You get a wet magazine if your mailbox is exposed to the elements at all. Sometimes its torn sometimes its not.

Here you get, All the tech you need(assuming you own a chevy full size 4wd). Somebody has probably just ran into the very problem, you are having, yesterday. You get all the pictures of build ups you can stomach. You can literally look through them until your eyes go cross.(done it) Here you are also eligible for free giveaways. If your lucky enough to win it will pay for your membership for years to come.(Done it, won a HAD shaft so I figure my membership paid for itself for oh lets just say 25 years and that is figuring on the light side. Then you get the friendly atmosphere that is here. Once in a while there will be a scuffle but to be honest those are fun to read as well. You will quickly learn about every nut and bolt on your full size chevy. One word of caution, use the search feature. The issue you are having has been covered. Sometimes you can find it sometimes you can't. Now you also get access to the forsale/wanted forums and on this BB they come complete with a seller/buyer feedback that is provided for you alone to help you decided whether or not you want to do business with a particular person. I have saved myself a FRIGGIN' TON of cash just from this site alone, buying and selling.

That is just the stuff that comes to mind quickly off the top of my head. My kids are waiting to open their christmas gifts so I'm gona go be with my family. Merry Christmas to everybody on and off this site.

Later!