Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

posts & replys????

Discussion in 'Feedback | Site Announcements' started by Tweetysuarus, Apr 6, 2004.

1. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

It still gets frustrating reading and replying to posts on here and go to different site or leave or just switch forums, and you have to reread everthing you just read! The forums show new posts or replies and they are not, just repeats.
    Frustrated!
    Bill

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Thats weird...it works just like it should for me. If I open a forum and then log out of the site and come back it shows everything in that forum as 'read'.

/forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Rene

3. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

It works OK for me as well, might have to clear your cach. On another note, it has changed for 6.5, there will be an additional arrow just to the left of the post link that you click on if you want to be taken to your first unread post, a much better solution.

4. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Yup I've cleared my cookies an cache, even checked my machine with another. Still same issue some of the time. It doesn't happen regularly just once in awhile. Especially after I've read everthing I wanted to.
    Bill

5. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Mine only gets all jacked up when there are a lot of pics in a thread that load at different times, the scroll will jump all over the place until the last pic has loaded, then it will focus on the last loaded pic instead of the first unread post.

6. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Mine only gets all jacked up when there are a lot of pics in a thread that load at different times, the scroll will jump all over the place until the last pic has loaded, then it will focus on the last loaded pic instead of the first unread post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here! It's like an alien controlling the mouse!

7. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

you are prolly having the same problem i am having. im using IE and i have to refresh manualy most of the time. my puter is all messed up and i need to reload everything. but need to buy a dvd burner to save all my stuff.
    grant

8. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    It still gets frustrating reading and replying to posts on here and go to different site or leave or just switch forums, and you have to reread everthing you just read! The forums show new posts or replies and they are not, just repeats.
    Frustrated!
    Bill

[/ QUOTE ]

I have had the exact same thing happen a few times. Best to close the browser if you see it and open a new one. It will reset after that (back to normal).