Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Potluck food....????

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Dec 20, 2003.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

So there's this pot luck lunch at work on Tuesday, and I need to think of something to bring... Anyone have any cool ideas??? Z3PR???? Anywone??????? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

Can ya cook?? U own a crockpot?

Simple thing is grab a Stoffers Lasagna out of the supermarket freezer and cool it. Will feed many, very easy and no one cares its premade.

You can also buy a few packs of "little smokey sausages" and throw them in a crockpot with some brown sugar, or bbq sauce, etc and let em cook. I like to wrap each sausage with a piece of bacon and cook in the oven. Then place them in a crock pot and sprinkle brown sugar over them and let them finish cooking....Sweeeet.

Premade Meatballs cooked in a can of spaghetti sauce

Macaroni and potato salad (premade) (this you dont have to cook)

Chicken wings & legs cooked at 350 until brown then put in crockpot with sweet& sour or teriaki, or add bbq sauce, or add some tabasco to make hotwings.

Pick up some popcorn chicken from KFC and put em in a bowl.

Dang...off to the refridge..Im hungry /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Big bowl of cool whip, lime jello, chunk pineapple and a 16oz cottage cheese. Mix all in a big bowl, put it back in the big coolwhip dish and eat the rest, then refrigerate.

Ground chuck, mash in half of a box of finely crushed corn flakes and two eggs. Mix well by hand. Roll into 2" balls and bake (like 350deg for an hour with a little water turning every 15minutes). After its done, mix half bottle ketchup, couple dashes of white vinegar, half a can of coke, and cup or two of brown sugar and whisk to a sweet barbque sauce. Stick cooked ham balls and barbque sauce into crock pot and cook for a couple hours low heat. (brown sugar turns into a sweet glaze, stur from time to time)

get three boxes of stove top stuffing and three cupcake pans (each pan has 6 muffin spots). Mix stuffing as directed. Grease muffin pans and loosely scoop in stuffing (dont pack it in), then bake at 350 deg for 20-25 minutes. Flip out of pan and serve.

Make up a half dozon mac'n'cheese boxes, put in glass baking dish and add shredded cheese on top and pour in a cup of milk (you could also add diced peppers or pre-cooked ham chunks or even browned hamburger) bake for 350deg 35-45minutes till brown on top and the milk has cooked out

could make deviled eggs also
    Boil 2 gallons of water, add in a dozon eggs for 10 minutes (till they float). peal off shells, cut eggs in half, scoop out yokes into bowl. Mix mayo and a touch of pickle juice with yokes and mash, scoop mix back into egg halves and lightly powder with paprika! MMM MMM

could always buy a veggie plate and dip or ice cream bars, premade frozen pies (just bake and serve type)

4. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

aI am going to try this one on Thursday:

Supreme Pizza Pasta Salad

2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
    1/2 medium red onion, chopped
    8 fresh white button mushrooms, sliced
    1 small green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
    1 stick pepperoni, casing removed and cut into a small dice
    1 pound ball fresh mozzarella or fresh smoked mozzarella, diced
    20 leaves fresh basil, torn or thinly sliced
    1 pound wagon wheel pasta, cooked to al dente and cooled under cold water, then drained
    Dressing:
    1 teaspoon garlic salt
    1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves or Italian dried seasoning
    1 rounded tablespoon tomato paste
    2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, eyeball it
    1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, eyeball it
    Freshly ground black pepper
    Combine tomatoes, onion, mushrooms, peppers, pepperoni, mozzarella, basil and pasta in a big bowl. Whisk garlic salt, oregano or Italian seasoning, tomato paste and vinegar together. Stream in extra-virgin olive oil while continuing to whisk dressing. When oil is incorporated, pour dressing over pasta salad, add a few grinds of black pepper to the bowl, then toss salad to coat evenly. Adjust your seasonings and serve salad. Leftovers make a great lunch or snack the next day!

5. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

I took deviled eggs, cream cheese rollups, and an eggnog pie to mine...well my co-worker/friend took the pie, but my wife made all of it. The deviled eggs were the biggest hit. I put them out at 6am for people to snack on, and all 40 were gone by 8am. LOL

6. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    The deviled eggs were the biggest hit. I put them out at 6am for people to snack on, and all 40 were gone by 8am

[/ QUOTE ]

And the place was a smelling by 3PM /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

dude, bring some BBQ baked beans... especially if u want the event to end ASAP. people will be dropping serious azz in a matter of minutes, no one will be able to stand it! great stuff! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

j

8. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    dude, bring some BBQ baked beans... especially if u want the event to end ASAP. people will be dropping serious azz in a matter of minutes, no one will be able to stand it! great stuff! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

j

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

my office was pretty ripe, no doubt, but it usually is after lunch. It was NOTHING like Hot wing farts, but maybe more like dog farts. Those I can stand as long as they're mine and not from a dog. I didn't notice anyone else passing excessive flatulance, but maybe it was mingling in with mine or they just weren't doing it around me in fear of a deadly chemical poision errupting from the mixture.

10. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

i went to del taco and got $15 worth of the el cheapo soft tacos.

12. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

I put "pot luck" in the search engine and here's what it came up with. Don't know how lucky it would be if you served it....

[​IMG]

13. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    there will be a bunch of happy people feeelin really good. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

14. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    there will be a bunch of happy people feeelin really good. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

15. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif