Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Potosi Missouri Fall run - Lets pick a date!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Mudzer, Sep 10, 2001.

1. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Wanting to get together this fall in Potosi, MO. Lets get some people together and have fun. This will be the same location as our Spring run. It is doubtful that we will have anything special such as decals and prizes. This will be a great time! The "Wall" is even worse than ever! Tried it a couple of weeks ago and some friends said I got enough air under the left front tire, they could have walked under it! This is very cool because I now am more informed on which trails are open or closed. This will leave much more time for trail running! So, get your hubs spit shined and get ready to rumble! Lets pick a date. Im free after September 24th. Lets make this event happen while the weather is still decent. Of course, we will still have the Spring run and need to start planning that as well. See ya on the trails!!!

Mudzer 1978/91 K5
    <font color=blue><a target="_blank" href=http://www.mudzer.rockcrawler.com>www.mudzer.rockcrawler.com</a></font color=blue>

2. BlazerBoy

BlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

I am in I just hope I can squeeze it into my schedule. I am not able to get down there till sometime in October. So figure out a date and I will see what I can do... :)

BlazerBoy
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/generalblueballs/>http://www.geocities.com/generalblueballs/</a>

3. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

The weekend of 13/14 or 27/28 in October works for Katia and I.

4. BlazerBoy

BlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

27/28 sounds good to me...

BlazerBoy
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/generalblueballs/>http://www.geocities.com/generalblueballs/</a>

5. tlarsw

tlarsw 1/2 ton status

Anytime after Sept 22 and before Nov 19 is good for me.

1986 K10 TPI350/NV4500/Gen2 Doubler/D60(ARB)/14FF(Detroit)/4.56 gears

6. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

I do not know what is good for me, but keep me in the loop, i would like to go on this trip.

7. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Any day will do. I will tell my work that I am going to go. If they don't like it I will just call in sick.
    Who's going to volenteer to be behind the Diesel this time? I am still stock, I want that Wall. I am going to try it or at least I want to. I think I can becasue I have a lower center of gravity than all the lifted K5s.
    Mind if I bring the club that I am in along? They might want to get in on the action too. We can see how some J**ps do.

SK-15
    J**P...it's whats for dinner!
    Roads? Where we're going, we don't need any roads!
    If it wasn't for bad luck I would have no luck at all!!

8. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

Nick you just bring your swim suit this time and a towel! Last I saw you though you motor was blown? Well If you can climb the wall in you blazer I give it a go in the new tow ride(01 K2500 burban, with the 8.1) I dont think you can make up the wall Nick. But you can try all you want

9. OFFRDK5

You really wanna see me in a swim suit? Yes...motor was blown. Got another engine in it. I don't know if I can make it or not, but I don't want to sit on the ground and say "Gee...I should try that" like all the other lifted and highly modified Blazers that sat on the ground!!! Might need a tow rig for the drive back. I will at least be able to say I tried it!! Anyone going that has a trailer? [​IMG]

SK-15

10. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Hey Neil about how far is that from Tulsa Ok. Thanks!!
    88K5Jimmy

11. OFFRDK5

Back to the top!!

Anyone decide a date yet?!?!?!

SK-15

12. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

Late October sounds great. Shouldnt be too hot or too cold. I just got to have 2 weeks notice for work and I can be there. Hey Nick, should I bring a tarp for you so when you have to crank over your truck by hand you dont get so dirty.

82 K5, 6.2L Diesel, sm465, np205, 14 bolt welded, 8 lug 10 bolt lock right, 410 gears, 35" Mud Kings
    SPEAK SOFTLY AND DRIVE A BIG TRUCK

13. BIGRIG

BIGRIG 1/2 ton status

I'm in...

MY DRINKING TEAM HAS A FOUR WHEELING PROBLEM![​IMG]

14. OFFRDK5

TARP? Naw...just bring me some fins and a snorkel!! Wait...make that fins and an air tank!!!
    I am thinking about a snorkel for my rig...no drilling in the body...run it down along the frame and then up my rust holes in the floor and out the top. Any ideas people?

SK-15

15. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Alright all, sorry for taking so long to respond. Current Events.... Anyway, The Potosi area is about 1.5 hours south of St. Louis. It took me 6.5 hours to get from St. Louis to Disney, OK. I would say you are roughly 6 hours from Potosi. You could actually take Hwy 44 west to Sullivan, MO and go south on 185 to Potosi. Check any map program online for exact figures. I am not sure of the zip code for Potosi, Missouri.

It looks like the 13th of October would work best for me. What do you all think? Hey Holsted, Hedrick, Oberto, Frisbie, Fiocca, Deuter, Deal and others... where are you? I realize Keith probably couldnt make it because of distance and planning for Dixie run. How about others from Arkansas, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, and Illinois. Lets get together and wheel. This is a good run for moderately built K5s. Stockers are welcome as well. The trails are pretty mild, but have some very fun and difficult parts which have go-arounds. One thing about Potosi, the trails are narrow, so expect some major paint scratches (usually can be buffed out - Right Glenn?). Some body damage can be evident if you try some of the tougher stuff. Lets get the ball rolling. Does the 13th of October sound good?

Mudzer 1978/91 K5
    <font color=blue><a target="_blank" href=http://www.mudzer.rockcrawler.com>www.mudzer.rockcrawler.com</a></font color=blue>

16. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

Works for me

17. tlarsw

tlarsw 1/2 ton status

Count me in.

1986 K10 TPI350/NV4500/Gen2 Doubler/D60(ARB)/14FF(Detroit)/4.56 gears

18. BlazerBoy

BlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

No can do on the 13th, I am standing up in a wedding and have family in town. :(

BlazerBoy

19. BlueBlazer

Sounds good to me too. Will we be comin in on Friday night and camping out there or will we be comin in Saturday morning.

82 K5, 6.2L Diesel, sm465, np205, 14 bolt welded, 8 lug 10 bolt lock right, 410 gears, 35" Mud Kings

20. BlueBlazer

What about the 27th and 28th. Sounds like that might be better for some.