Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

powder coating prices

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BobK, Mar 7, 2003.

1. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    I got everything in the pic below (parts in gloss black) sand blasted and powder coated for $150.00
    I got the arms rests(2 pcs) and all mounting hardware from the back seat(6)done.All the brackets from the passenger seat(8),4 factory rally rims,winshield washer jug mounting bracket and I got the frame of the passenger bucket seat done.A total of 21 individual parts.
    How does that compare to your local powder coaters?
    [​IMG]

2. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

There is no comparison. Your cost was way cheap compared to how much it cost just to have a clean, freshly-blasted air cleaner done. I'm not saying how much it was, but I will say that it was done 12 years ago.

3. aksidentproan

aksidentproan 1/2 ton status

I bought the powder coating system from Eastwood. It was between 300-400 beans and its paid for itself by now.

Evan

4. tmanofcali

tmanofcali 1/2 ton status

bob, long time no talk!!!....that sounds like a pretty good price. i had my whole frame blasted and coated for $325. i had quotes in the $1000 range for the same thing.

its crazy the difference in prices you get if you shop around.

later, todd (see you at blazer-fest)

p.s......thanks for the idea for the return line on the tpi setup. it solved my fill-up prob. THANKS!!!!!

5. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    Todd,glad it worked for you.I too got tired of taking a gasoline shower everytime I filled up! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif