Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Power Acoustik Amp

Discussion in 'Audio' started by wakedog, May 28, 2001.

1. wakedog

wakedog 1/2 ton status

Are power acoustik amps good or not. I don't need the highest sound quality but i want it to be decent. I will be pushing 2 12" dvc alpine type r's. I was looking at the sapphire sp2k 1600 which puts out rms 310w x 2 at 4 ohms. Thanx

2. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

my friend jsut got one, he really likes it!!!

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://confederate9.coloradok5.com/>http://confederate9.coloradok5.com/</A>
    <font color=red>K5: Because size DOES matter</font color=red>

3. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

hrmmm... Well i am not sure if those are good amps or not... how much power are you needing.. what price range are you looking at... i might be able to give you other options in that same area... as for it those amps are good... NOT SURE...

Prembird

If it aint loud then turn it up!

4. wakedog

wakedog 1/2 ton status

Well i need about 300 watts rms at 4 ohms. I would like to spend 400 or less.

5. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

well if you want to spend that much then you can look into fosgate amps.. ppi...orion... etc... that should be more then enough to get a high power/high quality amp...

Prembird

6. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

7. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

its to bad that you dont live around here... i just found an amp that would work great for you... its a ppi tube drive amp... puts out 600 x 1 once you break it down and they only want 350 for it... but check out the alpine v12 amps... Also if you are still set on the altec lansing.. there is another amp out there.. its called interfire that makes all of altec amps... its the same amp just different name.. I have looked over the spec and they look really good... but i havent heard one in a car yet.. but if you are goin to spend that much go with ppi, fosgate, or alpine... those would be your best bet... if you ask me...

Prembird