Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Power Block / Trucks

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ntx78k5, Aug 15, 2005.

1. ntx78k5

ntx78k5 1/2 ton status

Had one of the guys that works with me today say he "HEARD" that Spike was going to cancel Trucks and place a hot rod car show in its place. He also stated Xtreme 4X4 was to be the only truck related show on Spike.

Someone please tell me this is BS. I like Xtreme but Stacey is the man.

2. OffRoad

OffRoad 1/2 ton status

i don't know how sad i'd be about that. stacy is a cool guy and everything, but the show has a "street poseur/show truck" vibe to it.

they wheeled bad blaze and that jeep they built a while back, but the 10 coats of clear coat of $100/gallon paint stuff with chrome spark plug wires just doesn't interest me.

i haven't watched it a couple years, maybe they've changed their focus.

i would like to see them build up any brand 4x4 and take them wheeling. kind of like how 4 wheel & off road builds their trucks. put more money into tires, than paint.

3. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

On sunday they had a trucks marathon until 5:30 with all the old episodes when Mel Fair was the other host. It is amazing how trucks used to show installs and they actually worked on stuff. Now it shows Stacy working on a truck for 9 minutes, 17 minutes of commercials and 4 minutes of him pimping Wyotech.... :mad:

I think I will video tape myself wrenching on stuff that way I can relate to what is going on and be within budget.

4. ak bandit

ak bandit 1/2 ton status

I really enjoy watching Stacey on Trucks...I like watching the tech tips. He does throw a little more bling in there than I prefer though. But I was hooked after seeing project Copperhead :D

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I doubt that they'd cancel "TRUCKS". It's the most poppular show they have.

6. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

it would kill me if it was caned yes it is a little mall cruiser but i like that for my tow rig i got some good info on diesel too

and some of the things on there move right over to things i do also like patching a over a door handle is the same as replace a rusted hole and i liked the painless wire kit installed on the ford bronco

and that sutanget rock is cool - i would love to take it for a spin

but the mind set if it is not a rock crawler it is not a 4x4 truck is not all :D

i wish they would make each show in to a hour long i would like to see more of the stuff installed on the truck and i can handle the slower pace it is just like real life :haha:

7. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

even if they did cancel it , Stacey would show up on Speedvision or in a magazine :D

8. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

Is that why they just showed a 5 hr marathon of Trucks!. There's no way they'd cancel it. And Stacey shows you a lot more tech and useful things than extreme 4x4 does, they just glance over all the how to stuff.

9. ntx78k5

ntx78k5 1/2 ton status

Just passing along what I heard, the show isnt what it used to be but its still good. As for the marathon yesterday I didnt catch any of that. Was hoping someone may know something.

10. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

what a kick in the a$$ that would be for Stacey... he prolly got Extreme aired in the first place...

the show has its moments.. i'd certainly rather watch that than figure-skating... ;)

it has gotten a little lamer in recent times with too much bling and too many commercials.. i mean Copperhead was badass and bling-appropriate, but lately they're doing lotsa the "new truck, bolt-on bling" stuff...

he's definitely a WAY better host than Extreme... Jess is nice to look at but the other guy is kinda dorky... and for a show doing more "hardcore fab, tube, 4-linky type projects, they don't give as much tech as stacey does. when they should be giving more... he!!, do a whole show on welding...

11. mudslinger99

mudslinger99 1/2 ton status

Yeah that is exactly why I don't even watch it much anymore.. He starts to work on something for 3 minutes and just when he gets to something interesting he tells you to come back next week.. Then comes 5 minutes of commercials and when he comes back he starts on something else for 3 minutes and then repeats the come back next week sentence.. Then more commercials and then comes the pimping of all the parts..

Out of 30 minutes there is about 5 minutes of usefull info and the rest is just a buch of useless garbage.. The disk brake swap he did on the Rockwells did atleast tell you where to get the parts other then that all he talked about was that big money motor he had somebody else build to go in the Dodge..

People can say what they want about Ian and Jesse but it is more geared toward the average person then Trucks is now days.. Even though they do go overboard with somethings money wise it is still more tech involved.. Not only that but Ian makes his rounds to some of the truck sites from time to time and not only adds some input but also ask what people want to see on the show.. Hell they both have been on some wheeling trips with people on Pirate and plan on doing a lot more in different areas..

When was the last time Stacy came on any of these truck boards and asked what people wanted to see or was willing to discuss how to make the show better ?

When was the last time Stacy went wheeling with anybody on any of these truck boards ?

If the DIY channel had a truck show like some of their car and bike shows Spike auto shows would become a thing of the past unless they made some big changes..

12. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Trucks is my favorite show....I watch it every time I catch it on. I especially enjoy diesel related topics and am glad they dedicate a lot of time on the show to diesel performance. I get bored of seeing another lift installed on a Rubicon.

ANyone remember the Willy's he did? Had 35" SSR's and showed him wheeling the peee out of it in the mud for nearly 1/2 the show, right after he finished it.

13. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

I'll second that. Stacy is the Man!!! I wish I could get his autograph :bow:
    If it were not for Trucks I might not be as obsessed wtih 4x4's as I now am... Sure it has some bling, but somebody has to sponsor the show, and there is nothing wrong with show trucks. I think a tv show that covers all types of trucks is a genious idea.. This is honestly just about the only show I even turn the TV on to watch anymore...

I mean, don't dis any truck shows.... there really aren't that many and they sure beat the crap out of lifetime movies and queer eye for the straight guy..

14. 77fixer

77fixer 1/2 ton status

They are expanding the Powerblock by adding another car show and looking for another host. http://powerblocktv.com/ They are doing another search like they did with Xtreme4x4.

15. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

The "Sgt Rock" project he's working on right now is great. Tough to argue w/ Rockies, 800+ HP, and twin .50's :D

John