Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Power Brake Booster

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 72THING, Feb 10, 2002.

1. 72THING

72THING 1/2 ton status

Hi everybody,
    I have a '72 truck and have upgraded to Dana 60's front and rear. I was looking for more braking assistance without going to Hydraboost. Do you guys know if a 3/4 ton power brake booster will bolt in place of my 1/2 ton booster? Would I have to use a different master cylinder? I have the Delco booster now, not the Bendix. Thanks a lot for any information.

Will

'72 C10, originally 2WD, 6"Springs f+r, Dana 60 f+r, Lock-Right front, welded rear, 4.56s, 350, SM465, NP205, 39.5" TSLs, ORD crossover steering

2. POFF

POFF 1/2 ton status

The brackets are the same and a '70-'72 3/4 ton booster will bolt up. You should change the master with the booster. I've heard of people using the 1/2 ton master with a 3/4 ton booster, I wouldn't but it's up to you if you want to experiment. 3/4 tons do have an extra support bracket for the added length of the booster. If you get a 3/4 ton booster the front reservoir is for the rear brakes and the rear reservoir is for the front brakes, opposite of the 1/2 ton, so you'll have to do some custom tube plumbing. The prop valve is the same as a 1/2 ton. If you can find 3/4 ton master to prop valve lines you may be able to do it pretty easy.

'70 K-20 San Diego, CA
    I know, I can't spell!