Power cable? Update: Made my own.

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by TwoCrowsDesign, May 23, 2002.

1. TwoCrowsDesign

TwoCrowsDesign 1/2 ton status

Jul 13, 2001
    I recently picked up a used Sears Roadtalker 40 with no power cable.

It has a connector with two spades in an upside down T configuration. I'm afraid if I wire this thing backwards that I'll fry something. Can anyone help out here? Anyone have a source for manuals for these radios?

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

**New stuff**
    Being the smart little electronics technician that I am not, I opened up the cb and determined the positive lead on the power circuit and wired in an old cell phone dc car adapter. Voila, now I have a cb, power, an antenna, an antenna mount and 20 ft of coax. Almost there, just need to fabricate a mount for the radio and install the thing.

I intend to mount the unit on the front of the console and ground to a bolt in the inside of the console. Need to run the coax over to the driver side door and out to the mirror.

Does anyone know if the mirror will ground to the door? I'll have to look and see, but it looks like it might be insulated by that rubber seal-like thing between the mirror and door.

Looking forward to getting it in.