Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

power door lock question.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by angelglo, Apr 14, 2001.

1. angelglo

angelglo 1/2 ton status

im doing a front clip mod on my 75 to a 91. this includes the doors. putting in a new torquer motor and the front clip only took me three days. the wiring is taking me longer. ive got all the lights working including the power windows. the wires i cant seem to get right are the power locks. are there any relays connected to the power locks? the wires i believe are tan and grey. it is the same color for both the driver and passenger sides. i figure there is also a grounding problem that i must deal with also. i know the locks work cuz i tested them by hooking them up to a battery. if any one knows the wiring diagram for this, please help. besides hooking up my power mirrors, this is the last thing i have to do. oh, i forgot to mention. i have an assortment of lock switches from junkyards from different gm cars. some pontiac, olds, and some chevy. i would like to know if the power lock switch ground is hooked up directly to the door. and what colors are coming out of the switch. thanks in advance.

2. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

My book shows a relay....the wires for the solenoid are tan and grey, both sides. There is an orange wire from the fuse box for +12v...this goes to both switches. From the switches to the relay you have 3 wires....1- BLK/WHT 2-DK GRN/YEL 3- Orange. All that really happens is +12 Volts and GND are switched at each solenoid. On lock the grey wire is hot.....on un-lock the tan wire is hot. The factory setup uses a single "twin relay" setup. If you don't have the factory one I can email you a drawing to wire up two $4 Radio Shack relays.

Michael[​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm>http://www.jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm</A>

3. angelglo

angelglo 1/2 ton status

hey michael. thanks. that is the info that im looking for. just bolted on my hood today. it almost flew off when i was driving it to the mufller shop to have mufflers put on. i had the hood tied down with bungie cord. what a mistake that was. lucky i slammed on the brakes and the hood came slamming back down. anyway, yeah, i would like to get that diagram if you dont mind. thanks.