Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

power door lock question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by im_2gr82h8, Dec 21, 2001.

1. im_2gr82h8

im_2gr82h8 Registered Member

im having oproblems with my power door locks. both are not working. first thing i did was change the swiches (they were both bad) but still not working. so then i cut into the power and ground running to the lock solenoid, thinking the solenoid was bad. Luckily both colenoids are still working great when you connect them to a power supply and ground. so then I started checking for contenuity accross the wires. I saw contenuity from the power wire for the swich from both ends (drivers and pass door), but showing no ground either swich. (am i suppost to?)i checked the wires at the first connection they make after they go under the dash from the pass door and they look good. I aslo tried cutting the ground from the pass side swich and grounding it to the door. this made a cool spark, but still no locking action. from here on i really dont know what to look for. i'm guessing i have a bad ground under the dash??? any help would be great. a wiring schematic would be heavenly. thanks.

2. JIM88K5

JIM88K5 1/2 ton status

Maybe the door lock relay ? You should be able to hear it work.
    Its under the dash near the ashtray I think.-Jim

88 Silverado K5 5.7-700R-208-10 bolts-4.56-35in
    Procomp AT's- some ORD stuff & a CV driveshaft

3. im_2gr82h8

im_2gr82h8 Registered Member

i didnt think 3 wire locks had relays. i know 5 wires do. ill talke a look, but i dont hear anything clicking under the dash.

4. 95 Silverado

95 Silverado 1/2 ton status