Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Power for a 90 350TBI

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by HvyJunkSSG, Dec 10, 2001.

1. HvyJunkSSG

HvyJunkSSG Newbie

What can I do engine or transmission wise to make this mule move fast? I want more off the line pep and better shift down "feeling". When I put the pedal down at 45 or so i want to feel it downshift and kinda put me in the seat. At the moment its more of a slow acceleration. I will be putting some exhaust on it and am gonna go with 33 12.5s (more for looks). If its going to look mean I want it to be mean. Any suggestions on what you all have done to make yours quicker are greatly appreciated.

2. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

In one word, Gears. If you go to 33's without changing gears you will slow down out of the hole.

See <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Waynes-Toy>Project Mighty Mouse</a> here.
    <font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>

3. tori89k5

tori89k5 1/2 ton status

in another word..... WHIPPLE WHIPPLE WHIPPLE [​IMG]

1990 K5 4" lift, 33's, 3.73's Raptor Tranny and Velvet Rides....

4. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

How much money do you have to spend?
    Computer chip, headers, K&amp;N, new gears, new cam (computer friendly unless you get a chip) just to name a few.

Still hoping the GOV'T will ban the use of loud stereos with RAP music. [​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com>www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com</a>

5. CrazeeBush

CrazeeBush 1/2 ton status

Gawd, that'd be eerie. Here comes this big truck mud tires wailing, exhaust wailing, but the supercharger whine is loudest of the 3! hah!

-BuSH
    '83 K5 Blazer
    '98 Monte Carlo z34

6. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

A new Holley TBI with higher CFM is a pretty good start on any TBI truck.

<font color=blue>Brilliance is like 4wd, it allows you to get stuck in a more remote location [​IMG]</font color=blue>

7. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Holley sells a Roots-type blower for cheaper than the Whipple. It costs $2,969.95. 100 extra HP on a stock 350 and is 50 state emissions legal. Another is a cam, K&amp;N, exhaust, coil, headers, etc. Basically anything. I used to have 3.42 gears on my 31's and it SUCKED. The 4.10's gave this beast some good power.

Red 1989 GMC Suburban SLE V1500 - TBI 350, 700R4 w/ shift kit, Quad-shock front, 31/10.50/15 Pro Comp MT, 4.10 gears, Duals off cat