Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Power locks on a 99 sub don't work, any ideas??

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by 87GMCJimmy, Apr 1, 2002.

1. 87GMCJimmy

87GMCJimmy 1/2 ton status

Power locks on a 99 sub don\'t work, any ideas??

The door buttons for the power locks on my 99 sub don't work. The doors do lock/unlock using the key flob. Just wondering if anyone had any ideas of what to look at before I break out the manual and voltmeter.

Mike

2. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Re: Power locks on a 99 sub don\'t work, any ideas??

Check -all- power door lock switchs. Do they operate -all- the power door locks correctly?

If only one (or more) switch does not operate correctly, then that switch maybe faulty.

If only one (or more) door locks do not operate correctly, it maybe that power door lock actuator.

3. 87GMCJimmy

87GMCJimmy 1/2 ton status

Using the key flob I can unlock/lock all of the doors. None of the buttons on the doors or the one by the rear doors does anything. I need to see how the wiring is hooked up and see if there is some central location where the button signal goes before going to the actuator.

Thanks,
    Mike

4. 1flyinz

1flyinz Newbie

I know this is an old topic but I have the same exact problem in my 98 Burban. Except now all doors will lock w the key fab but only the driver door will unlock. No switches work. What is the electronic control for this system and where is it at. I found a relay that clicks when I lock and unlock. I will swap that out if that could be the cause but it seems like the reciving unit for the key fab could be the issues. Any ideas?

5. Yohinan

Yohinan 1/2 ton status

I have a 95 Suburban LS with the exact same problem. Dont know what the problem is though. What is it with the electrical problems when it comes to Burbs' and Tahoes? John

6. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

K

By-far, the most common problem I have found with C/K body Power Door Locks is faulty or weak Power Door Lock Actuators.
    There are, however, other possibilitys - which require in-depth dignostics.

The replys made here are far too sketchy to even take a guess to what the problem/s maybe.

Allthough,
    I strongly reccomend checking the power door lock actuators for proper funtion. Power in, power out - pretty simple. Remove the connector at the actuator and connect a test light across the terminals (power lead to the light, ground lead to the other terminal. Becarefull not to short out the system) If the power is found at the connector/s - then the actuators are probably at fault.

Thats the first thing I would check - for what it's worth.

7. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

Cigar lighter/Dome light fuse. Happens on mine alot.