Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Power Master alternator installation woes

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Nov 27, 2002.

I have a Power Master 140 amp alternator (part #47861) that I went to install. It seems that the rear housing of the alt. is rotated by 120° counterclockwise when viewing it from the rear. Of course that means that the bolt hole for the alt. bracket isn't in the right location. What do I have to do, fab up a bracket or do I have to disassemble the alt. and rotate the housing? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

1. dammit32

dammit32 1/2 ton status

When you buy an altenator at the parts store they usually come with instuctions to rotate it if necessary. I would guess yours is one of those ones that needs rotating. I've never done it but people tell me its pretty easy.

2. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

I just put one of there alternators on my /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifback in August and I didn't need to do any modifications or rotating at all, took about 10 minutes too put on /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    I ordered part#48203 which is the 200amp one, but I don't think it would be that much different /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I would call powermaster direct and make sure you got the right alt. and see what they say before you tear into that high dollar alternator. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Eric /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. TTT ... Any one else?

4. JoseK5

JoseK5 Registered Member

I contacted Powermaster to ask about fittement of a 140amp alt. on K5's, I was told tha I had to modify the bracket and not the rotation of the alternator??? Keep us posted...