Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

power mirror fuse?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dhcomp, May 27, 2006.

1. dhcomp

dhcomp 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Ok, power mirror switch. Right on the 4 way didnt' work (in on drivers, out direction on passengers mirror).
    I think teh door panel got wet one day when it rained and i had the door open for a while.....

Replaced switch, same problem. Go to start jumping terminals to see if the harness just isn't making good connections....and something that sounded like a fuse in the dash popped.

All the fuses are fine. What circuit is the power mirrors fused on?

94 full size blazer.

Thanks guys!

Last edited: May 28, 2006
  2. dhcomp

Come on, someone has to know!

3. frankin5

frankin5 Super Mall Crawler Premium Member

the orange wire pluges in to the main panel on the upper left hand side. direct battery source. between the main panel and where the wires go to the door is an inline 3 amp fuse.

4. dhcomp

Franklin 5, you kick ass. I'll let you know if i can find it tmr, thanks man!

I really appreciate it!

5. dhcomp

Ok. So i took the door panel off again, kickpanel cover, etc.

The mirror wiring comes out the kickpanel, but then back up into the door frame pillar. I'm guessing there is another opening in this frame pillar above the kick panel one, hidden by the dash? I started taking apart the upper dash, but realized i need to either remove the whole dash gauge area, or find another approach. Noticed the gear shift indicator is cable actuated, and didnt' really want to mess with that.

So question is, was your advice coming directly from workign with this model year, or an older year?

Where would i find this fuse? There are all sorts of orange wires coming from teh main panel, but none have fuses on them that i can see.

Thanks for your help and patience man!

6. frankin5

frankin5 Super Mall Crawler Premium Member

look under dash at the main fuse terminal. there should be an orange wire terminated in the upper left hand corner. there are 6 locations at this point. the fuse should be between the main panel and wire it enters the sheetmetal above the kick panel. should be two rubber grometts at this location. one for the windowas and door loocks and one for the mirrors. have to lie on your back. on the floor board. this information is out of the factory manual set for 1991 model year. need to read your post better. you are looking for 94.

7. dhcomp

Ok, thanks for your help anyways. Inbetween the door and frame, there is only one gromet on my truck. I can trace from teh mirror to the frame, but once in the cab i have no idea where the wire comes out. Thanks anyways!