Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Power Mirrors Good? or Bad?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Cavalry, Jan 16, 2001.

1. Cavalry

Cavalry 1/2 ton status

upstate NY(although I cant figure out why)
    I like the look of the power mirrors. Do they interfere with the vent window operation? If anyone is running them how do they work? This rig isnt my rockcrawler so I dont have to worry about smashing them off. Whats a good used price to pick up everything (mirrors, harness, controls)? What years were they on?

Luke
    84 K5
    [​IMG]

2. ken

ken 1/2 ton status

They do not interfere with the vent window operaton. They work great. They also fold flat against the side window if needed. I got mine off of a '91 Suburban (actually got all 4 doors, tailgate and complete interior from the same '91) and put them on my '77 Suburban. I believe the power mirrors were available in 1990 and maybe 89.

ken

3. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

They're real handy if you need to reposition the passenger side mirror for a better look at something.

Smitty

4. Cavalry

Cavalry 1/2 ton status

Well I was just researching them and I found out that they made 2 different styles. One looks like the regular mirrors that most of us have, the othes look like a 90's(simmilar to my 98Z71) GM truck one (thats what I want)

Luke
    84 K5
    [​IMG]

5. nyyef

nyyef 1/2 ton status

i have always wanted to do that. do they bolt up to the original 3 holes? or do i have to make modifications to my 1978 door?

Knife.
    knife.coloradok5.com

6. Cavalry

Cavalry 1/2 ton status

The newer looking ones must bolt up near the vent window, so you dont use the regular holes. This is the other kind that would use the stock holes. [​IMG]

Luke
    84 K5
    [​IMG]

7. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I have them on mine and i like them a lot. I think they bolt in higher than the normal ones, but I'm not really sure. My only complaint is that they shake a lot. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there some kind of brace that is supposed to go it the door? I know I pulled out a piece of rusty metal from the bottom of the door last time i had the panel off, could that be some kind of brace?

90K5

See my truck at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502>http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502</A>