Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Power passenger side mirror replacement question...

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by heavy4x4, Mar 14, 2003.

1. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Anybody done it?
    My dad's '97 suburban is in need of a new one because the case is busted. I can buy a new one off of e-bay for around $55. Sound like a good deal? Remember, these are the power mirrors. And, more importantly...what's the replacement procedure like? Is it strictly a bolt on piece and plug in the wiring, or do I have to take apart the whole freaking door? Thanks for your help.

2. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

Don't quote me on this, but it should be a pretty well painless operation. I haven't had a Burb door apart, but most of the newer vehicles are pretty easy. Remove door panel, remove nuts or screws from mirror holding it to the door, unplug power supply to mirror and install the new one in reverse. The door should have access holes for the mirror mounting screws, the only problem you might have is reaching the plug for the mirror. Some of the plugs are P.I.T.A. to reach but it can be done. Hoped that helped.

Krennen

3. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

Did mine on my 96 Tahoe. The plug was on the outside. I just had to unbolt and unplug. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. bigred350

bigred350 Registered Member

you should not have to take the door panel of if you are just replacing the mirror. all that is need to come off is the little triangled piece of plastic in the corner of the door. then just take the bolts off and undo the wiring harness and plug the new one in and bolt it back on.

5. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Thanks all - will give it a shot some time soon. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif