Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Power Rear Window AKA PITA.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by SuperUnknown, Mar 8, 2001.

1. SuperUnknown

SuperUnknown 1/2 ton status

The in cab switch for the rear window works fine, but the lock-type switch on the tailgate only works one way.(down) I'm asumming that it's just a bad connection or a short... How do I take the lock/switch out of the tailgate? Is it a big job or are there just a few bolts? Thanks.

[​IMG]I spend more time under my truck then I do in it.[​IMG]

2. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

The same thing happened to mine and I had to take everything out of the tailgate to get at the nuts holding the switch housing in. Luckily I was rebuilding the tailgate anyway!! It is a PAIN to do for just the switch though. The only thing wrong with my switch was dirty contacts.

Joe
    RIT Mini-Baja http://www.rit.edu/~bajawww
    Team Mudnuts http://www.mudnuts.org

3. 85Blazernga

85Blazernga Registered Member

My 85 is doing the same thing. Finally the switch on the outside of the gate quit working completely. Let me know what you find if you get it fixed.

4. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

its easy to pull that switch out....undo the access plate in the tail gate and undo the rod that goes to the latch on the driver side and also unplug the switch...then unbolt the whole latch from the outside and pull it out...you dont have to take the guts of the tail gate out to get to it...its really not that big of a deal...

Chaz

"Hondas look good under a k5's tires"

5. BIGJ

BIGJ 1/2 ton status Author

Bad thing is, it's a dealer only item. A new switch for my blazer was 45 bucks. The old one was rusted and broken beyond repair.

BIGJ

6. SuperUnknown

SuperUnknown 1/2 ton status

No mater what I do I just cant get at the bolts. I guess I'll just have to live with it untill I replace the tail gate. Thanks anyway.

[​IMG]I spend more time under my truck then I do in it.[​IMG]