Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Power Rear Window Problem

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BustedTrojan, Jan 30, 2007.

1. BustedTrojan

BustedTrojan Registered Member

I searched the forums and didn't really see anything like this... although some similar.

I've got an 85. I start to put the window down, it travel 3-4 inches and stops. Now it won't go up or down. I can here the motor revving, but the window won't budge, even with me pushing or pulling on it. A few questions:

1. What's wrong?
    2. How do I fix it?
    3. Is there a way to get it up and down before I fix it?

Unfortunately, I have a bike in the back and can't get it out of the front and this makes it tough to get to the tailgate from the inside.

Thanks for the help.

2. skyyk5

skyyk5 1/2 ton status

if you can hear the motor going then you prob gotta take the inside cover off to see whats going on. it could be a bad track. but if the motor is not turning then it could be the theral switch.

3. SLOK5

SLOK5 1/2 ton status

Yeah you will have to get the rear cover off from the inside. Its probably the cable has broken or came apart. Might be easier if you diassemble the bike bit by bit then chuck the parts out the passenger door to gain access to your rear gate :D

4. BustedTrojan

BustedTrojan Registered Member

I was afraid of that.