Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

power rear window

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by hognutz, Jun 23, 2002.

1. hognutz

hognutz Newbie

I am attempting to add a power rear window to my "old ladies" 87 blazer. I have the regulator, rear switch, wiring harness, cable (on the way), and new motor. the new motor did not come with the mounting bracket.

my question is where exactly dose the motor mount? I am asuming on the pasanger side of the tailgate but to what I am not exactly sure.

one other question is in all of the wiring diagrams I have found

blue=window down
    tan/white=window up
    orange/black=hot
    there is also a black wire in my harness. I am asuming this is a ground but it is not in any diagram I can find.

2. hognutz

hognutz Newbie

okay I found out where the motor goes. I just need to make or find a used bracket.

I still have not found what the black wire in the harness is for. the motor only has two wires. It thouls be grounded already I would think.

3. cityfarmer2

cityfarmer2 Guest

I Thought the same thing made my own harness from switch to motor. Doesn't move. So I have checked voltage through switch got power nothing moving on motor through either I have bad new motor or simple electrical circuits are confusing me. Think I'll open a beer and think about it some more.Good Luck

4. hognutz

hognutz Newbie

well got it working. the black wire is a ground but mine works without it for me.

basicall all I needed was power live at the rear switch and and your are good to go.

you can test your motor by just applying 12 directly to it making sure that the motor case is grounded.