Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Power Steerin

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ndestroya, Aug 31, 2005.

1. ndestroya

ndestroya Registered Member

I recently had a 350 built fior my 83K5 and i need a power steering pump bracket for my motor, i was wondering if anybody knows where i can order one for my truck instaed of gettin one from a junkyard cause they are trying to make me buy the whole pump which i do not need.
    Thanks, Josh :confused:

2. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Only one place..

The Dealer is the only other option other than a boneyard..Unless a place like LMC has them...Call a dealership's parts dept.--I bet they have or can get one,and usually they are not too expensive..I bought one for a 454 from the dealer because no one had a used one available..it only cost 11 bucks !..I thought they'ed want 50 with my luck!.. same deal when I needed a plow pump bracket for a small block--wasted half a day making one,and I later learned the dealer sells them for about 15 bucks! :blush: :surepal: :screwy: :crazy:

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Post up in the wanted section . Many of us have brackets lying around .

What was wrong with the original bracketry ?

All of your external accessories and brackets will bolt on to the new engine if you replace a 305 ( assume you had ) with a 350 . They are same externally .
    If you had a diesel , then you need brackets .

4. ndestroya

power steering

yeah i will call the dealer today and see what they can do for me, my original brakets do not fit for some reason because of the headers i have on my truck for some reason. Thanks so much for you input i'll let ya know how i make out
    Thanks, Josh

5. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Replacement brackets won't work either then .

You need to get a bracket from the aftermarket to work with headers . Its only for the back bracket , you can keep the front bracket on the pump .

Try Jegs or Summitt

6. ndestroya

power steering

thanks alot man i am gonna get on the phone with summit and jegs after i hook up my fuel pump today. I appreciate the help alot being as i'm a 17 year old kid building my first truck pretty much by myself.
    Thanks, Josh