Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Power steering cooler mounting question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by FWP, Jul 28, 2002.

1. FWP

FWP CRS

If the cooler is above the height of the steering pump reservoir, will the fluid run back into the reservoir, "over filling it" so to speak, and run out of the cap, getting oil all over my nice new motor????? Or will it air lock?

2. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I can't answer that for certain but it does sound logical to me. The factory power steering cooler was placed under the radiator support for your information. The factory cooler is nothing more than a fluid line that makes a couple loops back and forth to gain some extra fluid capacity and try to help cool the fluid as it flows through the distance of tubing.

3. FWP

FWP CRS

Thanks for your input Scott /forums/images/icons/smile.gif . So far the answer is no. I posted the question after I had already mounted the cooler /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif , and got to thinking about the fluid level /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif . I just left the cooler where I had mounted it and bled the system. So far, no problems with runover, but overnight will tell......