Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Power steering input seal...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 89GMCSuburban, May 5, 2003.

1. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

How the hell do you get it out?? I son't see how to get it out, unless there's too much junk on the box...

2. xnoahx

xnoahx 1/2 ton status

I had to do this on mine, it wasnt fun. I took the box off my truck but in retrospect, i didnt need to. you will have to disconnect your steering shaft and get that out of the way. There is a doust cover that you will have to pry off the input shaft and below that is the seal. the way I got mine out was but jamming a pic and a screwdriver and gouging the snot out of it and working it out, then I drove the new one in. It was easier than I thought.

3. burbBoy

burbBoy 1/2 ton status

Whatever you do dont pull the entire input housing out like i did. Its a bitch to get it back in right. The post above sounds like the best bet.

4. xnoahx

xnoahx 1/2 ton status

I pulled the whole unit apart too, no fun

5. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Woah, thanks guys, doesn't sound too bad...I'll just leave it on the truck, and if I screw it up, get it towed to the shop. Thanks!