Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Power Steering - Need Mods? Or....?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 2Dogs, Feb 2, 2006.

1. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

All,
    I have never had my PS work very well - after very light work in 4x4 it will go away entirely. Once in awhile it will even try to spool to one side or the other all on its own :eek1:

Here is the setup I will have in a month or so: 37" MTRs on wheels with 3.5" BS (going from 4.25 to 3.5 BS will hurt the situation even more).

Should I be able to run a pump and box combo that will power this setup or do I need to go to hydro assist?

I have an AGR box at the moment, probably why I have had so much trouble. How do you think this box would react to the DIY pump mods?

I already have a cooler installed, did not help.

Sorry if this is the 5028th time you have seen this topic - please point me to relevant posts :wink1:

2. dleroy43

dleroy43 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I am doing the pump mods for my new pump couse my steering SUCKS. I am getting hydro asst soon but just doing the pump now to see if it helps any. now if I could just get the damm pully off...:grind: :hack: :weld: :thinking: :pimp:

3. 2Dogs

You should be able to pull the fitting out of the back of the pump without removing the pump from the vehicle (unless I am missing something different you are doing).

4. 2Dogs

5. 2Dogs

Anyone else have comments about PS mods for 37" tires??