Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Power Steering No Worky

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by talldogg, Mar 4, 2002.

1. talldogg

talldogg 1/2 ton status

Well, I fired up my 454 for the second time this weekend after I finished the swap. The first time I only started it up and let it run for a little bit since I hadn't hooked up the exhaust up. Saturday I pulled it out of the garage and I let it run for a good while, BUT i noticed that my PS is not working.
    So I was just wondering if anyone has any ideas. Here's the setup, one used big block pump bought on ebay, original small block lines, plenty of PS fluid, I over-filled it actually. It appears the SB lines are longer and end up looking like two snakes going at it. So I wonder if the lines are restricting flow and not running the box. Or if simply need a new pump. Any thoughts?? Thanks!!

2. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

see if you got another pump laying around. if not try a new one

3. TheLakeRat

TheLakeRat 1/2 ton status

I'd try the pump first. But also make sure that you don't have too much air in the lines

4. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

I think if you leave the cap off and work it side to side while running it bleeds the air out. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong.

5. talldogg

talldogg 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the help guys. I didn't think about there being air in the lines, but it definitely be a possibility in this case as the lines were off the pump and box for a while. I might try getting new lines and making sure there's no air in them and then if that doesn't work, I'll bit the bullet and get a new pump. Thanks again.