Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Power steering pump bracket is crooked, help me Mr. Wizard...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Desert Rat, Aug 30, 2004.

1. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Ok, I go to put my new PSC power steering pump in and use the old "pivot adjustor" bracket. I had removed my A/C pump and accompanying garbage since I figured I wouldn't be using it anyway. I get it bolted in and low and behold the pulley on the pump doesn't really line up with the main pulley. It is slightly farther out and at a slight angle. I've fiddled with it a bazillion times then finally wacked on it six ways to Sunday to get it configured right. I can get it close, but not quite there. Anybody know where I can pick up a new or used one besides Pick n' Pull? I tried LMC, don't sell one. I tried Classic Industries, discontinued. I tried the dealership, discontinued. Got a e-mail into PSC but nothing back yet. Anybody else run into this and need one too? Or, is there an easier solution than replacing the bracket?

2. stretch67

stretch67 1/2 ton status

i may have one is it smallblock or bigblock? some of the brackets use spacers between the block and bracket do you have those in place?

3. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

DR, you working days or nights now? I got 1 or 2 extras in the garage for a SBC and all my Chevies are BBC now. So come pick one out. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Desert Rat

Yeah, I fiddled with spacers ala different amounts of washers. I think the bracket is bent so much I don't think I can get it in line even with angling it with spacing.

5. Desert Rat

Working days now. I'll respond in e-mail.

6. GMCLegacy

GMCLegacy 1/2 ton status

i think the AC bracket shares a bolt with the PS bracket in some cases. it may be causing your problem.